Thread: Black map after battles with patch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Default Black map after battles with patch

Ok ok guys I know this is quite a newb thing here. Since its related to the patch I decided to post here instead of the Tech parts of the Guild.

After the battles I get that famous black map, which i have to Alt + tab out and back again to get rid of. About a month ago I saw the solution to this problem, but now I can't find it. If anyone knows the solution to fixing this problem, plz direct me to. Again my appologies for quite embarrassing question. One would think being a grizzled old vet of both MTW and RTW I could fix this on my own.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Default Re: Black map after battles with patch

Sorry unable to help you. But don't alt-tab if you can avoid it: this is thought to trigger the infamous load-game bug.
    "Only when the human spirit is allowed to invent and create, only when individuals are given a personal stake in deciding economic policies and benefitting from their success -- only then can societies remain economically alive, dynamic, progressive, and free. Trust the people."
    Ronald Reagan

Default Re: Black map after battles with patch

Quote Originally Posted by Browning
    Sorry unable to help you. But don't alt-tab if you can avoid it: this is thought to trigger the infamous load-game bug.
    I think this is misinformation. Alt-Tab only refreshes the graphics, it doesn`t reload the game, which is what causes the bug. I also get the black map problem on my old geForce2 and need to use Alt Tab when that happens (usually in winter I find)