Thread: it ain\'t over till the fat lady sings

just played a competetive mp game there.
    i was defender.

all my lower honour units had routed including my general.

but i still had 4 monk units in perfect condition who(please note) had no sign of even starting to waver never mind rout.he was down to about 2 ys units not even at full strength and i turned all my monks loose on these(which included his general)and my monks are kicking ass.

so i'm think "yeah" take dat bitch and thought you had me there" and guess what happens???

game suddenly finishes and says i'm defeated.
    i am well pissed off with that as it was compet and my stats are good.

to me if the whole army ain't off the field then the game ain't over and none of my monks were even near wavering.

so why'd it finish??
    there was no time limit and both parties were in combat with neither side running completely away.

this needs patched.

i am peeved.

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

#1 were you hosting
    #2 Whats your online name
    #3 Oh well shit happens
    #4 same as #3

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

"Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy, and there is no need for much clever refinement of it"

"After a great fight between two mighty tigers, even a common dog may defeat the survivor"

Clan Shades
    Shades
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I dunno what went wrong.
    by the way, what the hell kind of reply is that for a system mod, Shadowkill?

My first impulse is to say that it may have ended because your general had routed (did his unit go completely off the map? That might have done it) since I've never played an MP game without the general being somewhere on the map.

yeah i was hosting and yeah i think my general may have been off the map'but this does'nt make the difference in single player battle so should'nt in multiplayer.

until every single units routed then the battle should go on.

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Hach, Sometimes your men may be winning, but if your opponent gets a unit to your rear flank it will rout your men all at once, even if they are monks. You will never see your men go to "running away" because the game will end immediately when your last unit routs. Maybe this is what happened, otherwise you ran into a bug in the game. Elmarko Of Fearful Ways
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Im sorry that is what happens when you are up for 34 hours with out much sleep nevver really get your point across. #1 if he was hosting he could have moved the screen around after the fight ended and seen all the troops on the field and see if the had all routed that was why i asked i always go around the field looking at the last units to see what there moral was before heading back into the foyor#2 well i realy would like to get to know who i talk to i spend alot of time online in game and since i was on there all morning and did not see a guy named hach just thought i would ask.#3 well that is mostly my aproch to most things that go wrong in the game an move on to the next set of 30 games after evry loss just a way to minimize all the problems that peole have i hardly ever get mad or upset at things so my outlook on things. which by the way was the same thing that my girl said when she told me she slept with another guy

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

"Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy, and there is no need for much clever refinement of it"

"After a great fight between two mighty tigers, even a common dog may defeat the survivor"

Clan Shades
    Shades
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Hmm, I lost two last nite where my entire army routed and I had NO rally option at all. I went directly to the final screen. In the first battle less than half my army had even engaged. There are a LOT of things I don't understand about STW.
    Further, I've won battles after my Taisho had routed off map by having my foe's army rout completely.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I have found if you leave one of your units a good distance away from the main battle you will be able to avoid the "Wait til conflict has ended" message of death or the victory/defeat screen. If your men are close to the battle and your monks rout anything near them will most likely rout as well, whether fighting or not. Also, you should try to avoid the edges of the map because for some reason your men will rout more easily there if you get into trouble.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

yep elmarko can help u on all this routing stuff
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....