Thread: An evil invention from evil people

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink An evil invention from evil people

LONDON (Reuters) - Can't get out of bed in the morning?
    Scientists at MIT's Media Lab in the United States have invented an alarm clock called Clocky to make even the doziest sleepers, who repeatedly hit the snooze button, leap out of bed.

After the snooze button is pressed, the clock, which is equipped with a set of wheels, rolls off the table to another part of the room.

"When the alarm sounds again, simply finding Clocky ought to be strenuous enough to prevent even the doziest owner from going back to sleep," New Scientist magazine said Tuesday.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Wonderful! The most powerful engineering minds in the United States develop a clock which hides from you! Am I the only one who understands the scope of the mischief Clocky is capable of pulling off on people in their weak, groggy wake-up states? Imagine Clocky knocking over fragile things onto a hard floor that you have to walk over in a darkened room in a sleepy state... That oughta wake you up!

I think I'll buy one.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Default Re: An evil invention from evil people

Lets start a 'KILL CLOCKY' thread...I agree, an abomination towards humanity and should be subject to the full wrath of the free
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

I don't need one. Keeping my alarm clock on a table far from the bed is quite enough, thank you.
    If you're fighting fair you've made a miscalculation.

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

It'll probably look something like this, Something you would go out and buy a hammer specially for....
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Stupid medieval monks and their need to get up at all hours of the night to say their prayers caused all this clock nonsense. Now a damn clock rules most of our lives. WE DON'T NEED NO STINK'IN CLOCKS!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saranalos
    It'll probably look something like this, Something you would go out and buy a hammer specially for....
    My GOD it's terrifying!

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

If uit got me up a bit earlier I would buy it. I don't keep anything fragile or valuable in my room anyway. Most people probably won't like it though, most people also like sleep.... I don't.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans