Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Org Rules & FAQ

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: The Guild FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by MSB
    I just wanted to say the google search for CA posts does not work.

To find CA posts you have to search by CA member.
    Hmm, it seems something has changed about the way Google formats the site when it's indexing it. Previously it would have "avatar" sandwiched inbetween username and the usergroup, e.g. "Caliban's Avatar. CA". This meant that "Avatar. CA" would pick up on CA posts. However, perhaps with the move back to the MTW skin, or a board upgrade, the Usertitle and Usergroup (both usually CA in the case of CA staff) are being indexed one after the other above the avatar. This is a little strange, as when I manually select the MTW skin, it has the usertitle below the avatar, the same as with the RTW skin.

I'll try to search for another motif that differentiates CA posts from other Members, but I guess it's not a biggie these days now that we have the search engine back. As Ludens mentions above, we were without it for extended periods in the past, and much of the current search section was written when the board search was completely offline. As you say though, now all you need to do if search by their username. I suppose we could start to compile a list of CA staff members, past and present, with their positions/games worked on, e.g.:

Last edited by therother; 04-19-2007 at 14:46.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Post Re: The Guild FAQ

Hi therother,
    May I suggest that you add links to this useful source of technical information and this list of vB Codes. Perhaps it could help new members learn how to use the codes. Thanks, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions. The Guild FAQ was meant to be a replacement of sorts for the default board FAQ, which contains information that's not been localised for the Org, although I admit it's not there yet.

The vB code link is already within the vB code section of the FAQ.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

I hereby demand that you remove the capital 'S' from my name in the staff faq

Nah, seriously mate, good to see this is still being updated - I'm honestly surprised it hasnt' gone the way of other forum faqs (that is, nowhere)
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    I hereby demand that you remove the capital 'S' from my name in the staff faq
    Done, sorry about that.

Don't worry about it - I make a point of being touchy on that issue
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

No worries: I'm not overly keen on being called Therother either!

On topic please Sapi&Therother.

Abandon all hope.

Gisgo Governer of Ippone Member madmatg's Avatar

thanks for putting this great vB code stuff up! its helping me alot with my AAR.

i do have one question related to the coding.
    Is there anyway to have the code link to farther down the current page without having the whole page reload?

Phil 2:9-11 Phil 4:4

Hi madmatg,
    You can ask the code to link to a certain area of a post which it is in. The code for this is [jump=insert referance here][/jump] and [anchor=insert reference here][/anchor]

Example:

This will jump to the word Example
    Example

[jump=Example]This will jump to the word Example[/jump]
    [anchor=Example]Example[/anchor]
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 09-26-2007 at 13:03.

Thats it! yay it works in different posts also as long as the anchor is the word its searching for! now i can link to all my chapters on my AAR! thanks Omanes.
    look what you let me do! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    my AAR
    Last edited by madmatg; 09-26-2007 at 11:38.

also would it be possible to add that jump code to the vB Code List? as it is very useful

erm, i'll just ask this here as I cannot find anywhere else to ask this. Where has the post appreciation thread gone?
    (Where people post when they have reached a milestone)

It became anarchistic spam thread so was closed. Indefinitely

That's why I cannot find it then

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrdun
    erm, i'll just ask this here as I cannot find anywhere else to ask this. Where has the post appreciation thread gone?
    Hi mrdun,

The Official Post Celebration thread is/was a Frontroom thread. If you have any questons regarding this particular thread, then I suggest you contact one of the Frontroom moderators, namely Beirut or Big King Sanctaphrax.

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I'm sure its OK, they will have had good reason for closing it. Ie (^^) "It became anarchistic spam thread so was closed. Indefinitely "

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrdun
    It was closed because there was a lot of spamming of some members. It was closed, and I'm not sure if it will come back.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Well, it did come back for ONE person's 5100th post, eh Caius? (nudge nudge, wink wink )

EDIT: You went from 5100 to 5250 in a bit more than a week? Meep!
    Last edited by Warmaster Horus; 01-09-2008 at 20:48.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Not sure if this is the right place to post this,but how come there aren't any Alexander: TW avatars? Have they just not been uploaded,or do I have to become a senior member to use those?
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Probably isn't any, senior member status should not count.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanGlory198
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this,but how come there aren't any Alexander: TW avatars? Have they just not been uploaded,or do I have to become a senior member to use those?
    As far as I know, no avatars unique to R:TW Alexander avatars have been uploaded. I'm not aware that Alexander had any portraits different to standard R:TW, which may be why they may not be locatable.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Somebody needs to dig up the portraits and format them to fit the ORG standards, ie resize and frame. Tricky Lady was the hero to do it for BI portraits; another one for Alex avatars is needed, if indeed Alex came with a new set of portraits.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

There was one portrait unique to Alexander,and that was the great king and general himself. Just thought I'd mention that.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

What an avator that would be

Can user-generated Total War mods be downloaded from the Org,or do they go to some mod website like Total War Heaven? I'm only curious because Taranaich is creating a M2 mod that I'll be getting the game specifically to play.
    And one other question: is it possible to install the game on an internet capable computer,install the mod,then save everything to disc for transport to another machine? I tried this once before,but only copied over the desktop shortcut.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My best answers:
    1. In the mod sub-forum it should provide a link for you to download from.
    2. Maybe. If you copy the game folder "C:Games/Med2" it could work, but it depends. you can copy the mod installer over, or if it is like RTW, the folder will work. It does depend on operating system etc, but 90% chance it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I may have overlooked this in the FAQ,but how do you add the phrases that appear beneath posts? I've got one I'd like to add to my own posts (don't worry,it's not duragatory,profane,or demeaning).
    Last edited by Spartan198; 01-27-2008 at 08:17.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Click the 'User CP' button, the first one on the bar at the top of page...

Then select 'Edit Signature' - it should be at top of list on left.

Type what you want there and save
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Sorry, haven't found the time to keep this up-to-date: I know there are a few new facets of being a member here that aren't covered, particularly relating to newer members. Would appreciate it if someone (not necessarily staff) could post/PM common queries (and their answers) that aren't in the FAQ (e.g. the new Backroom opt-in membership system). Many thanks.
    Last edited by therother; 01-27-2008 at 16:20.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast