Thread: Removine the limit on Romeshell

In my huge brooding red temple with spines!

Default Removine the limit on Romeshell

Ok, how do I go about removing the one use per run limit in RomeShell? I'm trying to make a mod involving some civilized barbarians here, and this F4 per use deal is annoying me.

I am aware I may need to edit the Exe file... No harm in telling me how, if you know. I'm not asking for a nocd patch (I know how to get those, and I do not condone piracy btw so I'm not about to go into any more detail). I'm pretty sure converting it to an ini wouldn't let me edit it, so any suggestions?

In my huge brooding red temple with spines!

Unhappy Ah, A Theory

Might there be a way, for those who know how to unlock the restrictions on romeshell, to create a patch that removes the restriction on romeshell without removing the cdkey restriction? A good modder might be able to take the nocd version, put the cd requirement back in, and make an exe patch to update the current RTW 1.2 to remove the one use per turn limitation.

Unfortunately I have NO IDEA how to edit exe files and such information is hard to come by.

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

Default Re: Ah, A Theory

I'm quite sure decompiling executables and altering them is illegal, no matter if your intensions are good or not.
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Default Re: Removine the limit on Romeshell

I don't think so, actually, from reading the DMCA. Regardless, it takes serious hacker skills to "crack" the EXE, from what I understand. An uncracked version simply can't be edited normally. That's why the original Romeshell limiter required the No CD hack—that version of the EXE was cracked, while the one that ships with the game isn't.

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer