Thread: Provincial campaign from 1.1 to 1.2

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Default Provincial campaign from 1.1 to 1.2

I am now trying to adapt the Iberia mod from 1.1 to 1.2.
    Both custom battles and provincial campaign worked as expected in 1.1.

Only minor changes seem to be necessary and in fact I am able to play custom battles with all the new units in 1.2.
    However, when I try to load the provincial campaign the game returns to the campaign selection menu and when exiting I get an error message saying that in descr_strat there is a port in a region without coast. When I look for the line, the region is Africa (owned by carthaginians). In 1.1 I played with Carthage and the port was placed correctly.
    Did anyone find some similar weird problem?
    Any idea to solve it?

Default Re: Provincial campaign from 1.1 to 1.2

I have triple tested that the same campaign folder works fine in 1.1 but it gives error in 1.2.
    After some research (thanks to -show_err) I have seen that all the problems come from the position of the ports. The game can rid on the position of the ports in map_regions, but if there is a port built in descr_strat the game crashes (return to the campaign selection menu).

From these results it seems that 1.2 is more exigent with the position of the coast line and the different maps (map_regions, map_ground_types...) must fit much better than in 1.1.
    I will try to modify the position of the ports and I will post the final result.

Cheers.

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Have you looked in corrected_regions.tga yet? I had some trouble with it when I tried to convert my map to 1.2 (which I still have not managed). The file has a tendency to change the borders of provinces, which is really inconvenient.
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Laridus Konivaich
    Have you looked in corrected_regions.tga yet? I had some trouble with it when I tried to convert my map to 1.2 (which I still have not managed). The file has a tendency to change the borders of provinces, which is really inconvenient.
    Mmmhh.. where is this corrected_regions.tga?
    In any case I have fixed the problem. It was the coast line and the placement of ports. I have tested one by one and now the campaign is playable, at least a few turns.
    But it seems that it is true that the game changes the borders, in this case between land and sea.
    Cheers.

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

It is in the "Rome Total - War/" directory. Yes, the border shifting caused problems for me before when the cities were near the edge of the ocean, and it sometimes deleted them completely. I ought to look into ports, fortunately I only have a few.
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link