Thread: Is peace possible with rebels or will war end

Default Is peace possible with rebels or will war end

I am in the middle of a game and a ther spanish had a massive empire which fell apart when no heirs were alive, great!? No I had excellent trade and then when I tried a land grab some of the rebel provinces I found I was at war with all of them and so my trade income has gone from 9000 to -4000. Is it possible to make peace with them, or does the state of war expire after a while.

It would be fine if I was'nt the only one trying to take some of the rebel provinces, but I will definitely run out of cash before I conquor all of them.

Cheers.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Default Re: Is peace possible with rebels or will war end

I don't think its possible to make peace with them in the normal way as they don't have a faction leader to propose peace to, or emmisaries to propose peace to you. You could try the "no borders" automatic cease fire but I assume you do have borders.

I don't think trade can actually COST you money though. Do you mean that overall you are losing 4000 F a turn?

If so that's not so much, you'll just have to hurry up and kill the all rebels and take their lands, that should clear a fair few thousand florins. ;-)
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Cheers for the advice.

I did as you said and captured quite a few rebel provinces that were just about putting me back into profit. Now the spanish have reappeared and taken control of loads of the old provinces, so my trade income has shot right back up again.

Grand Warder of the Woods Member TonyJ's Avatar

If you are playiong as the Spanish, trying to grab Antioch and the other rich Eastern provinces - this will give one almioghty boost to your trade income.

Also build a MASSIVE navy for when the inevitable conflict with England or Itlay starts: they always seem to field lots of ships. If you can control the Med, plump a large navy at Gibraltar to stop the English getting in and wreaking havoc with your trade.
    May the wind be ever at your back and the sun ever on your faces. May your sword lie light in your hand and heavy in the memories of your enemies

The only way to get neutral with the rebels is to not have any borders with them and then move out of their seas for a year. Do this and you can make money from trade with them. Otherwise its just what you did, wait for a re-emergence (even ally with the re-emergence and help them take one or two of those blasted rebels).

mfberg
    It is not complete until the overwieght female vocalizes.

Pinky : Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
    Brain : The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!