Thread: Needing Help

Default Needing Help

I can't install Rome total war because on my CD D:\Setup\rsrc\data is damaged and i cant install it.

Please send this file to me on: Joha_saar@hotmail.com
    or give me advice what shoud i do

Pleading for help
    Tomat

Grand Warder of the Woods Member TonyJ's Avatar

Default Re: Needing Help

I take it you have tried cleaning the disks ? May sound simple, but you never know

Have you tried copying all the files into a temporary directory on your HDD ?

This MIGHT work if you can get a decent copy of the file in place. Which CD is damaged ? What exactly is the error you are getting ?
    Last edited by TonyJ; 03-31-2005 at 14:53.
    May the wind be ever at your back and the sun ever on your faces. May your sword lie light in your hand and heavy in the memories of your enemies

Most of us would be happy to send you the file, but I'm afraid that having it would do you little good. It wouldn't be on the disk, which is where it is expected to be.

If you still want it, then say as much and I shall send it immediately.

Grand Warder of the Woods Member TonyJ's Avatar

There IS a way to install the game if you have a damaged disk, but it is a right royal pain in the podex.

If you copy ALL of the files from CD1 into a temporary folder, start the install form here.

The game will then tell you it can't find the files needed on CD2 so you have to press the old Windows button, delete all the CD1 files and copy over CD2.

Repeat the process for CD3 and the game is installed - to this end if you can get a copy of that file, you'll be laughing.
    May the wind be ever at your back and the sun ever on your faces. May your sword lie light in your hand and heavy in the memories of your enemies

The copy thing did't work i found out that D:\sndsOne is also Damaged
    so please send me both of them Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

If you did send me those files please tell it to me here
    Don't ask why

Quote Originally Posted by tomat
    If you did send me those files please tell it to me here
    Don't ask why
    Sorry. I ment
    If anyone send me those files please tell it to me here

Coud Anyone send me D:\Setup\rsrc\data and D:\sndsOne
    E-mail:Joha@hot.ee
    (The other one got some error i can't log in to there)

Send those to me Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple asepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasep leasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleas epleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple asepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasep leasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleas epleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple asepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasep leasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleas epleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple asepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

I also had some problems with the CDs when trying to reinstall once, it just wouldn't read some file properly. But with enough of trying it got through. So there is still hope.

I tryed enough but it does not work and please send those files to me.
    It is problably the only way. Pleeeease Now when Chevier came out i want this game even more.