Poll: PSP or DS?

Thread: PSP or DS?

Arrow PSP or DS?

Which one do you prefer, the safe bet or the new blood?

Default Re: PSP or DS?

hmmmmmmm... its a tough one but I'm 100% PSP!!
    its loads loads loads better and I'm probably not even gonna buy it...
    (I don't play handhelds a lot but PSP will obviously be the best!)

Why so? The PSP has a battery life of about 2 hours, not exactly good...

Yea but the games..... and PS2 graphics? I prefer it..
    I've never been a fan of Mario etc. Nintendo characters always seemed a lttle childish to me. Except sonic, sonic rules!!!

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Psp

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

PSP... Dynasty Warriors and Metal Gear Acid
    DS... Pictochat and a screen that scratches from overuse of the damn pen.

Winner = PSP

Simply conflict of Gameplay vs Graphics.

I'm gonna go for Gameplay. DS.
    Viva La Rasa!!!

Gba

DS...I have more chance of affording it

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Incidently, for all you Americans, if you want a PSP, GameStop is still taking reservations on the third shipment. All you need is a $50 deposit (which goes toward the purchase price). The deposit is completely refundable so there is no risk of losing your money if you find the system elsewhere. The third shipment is slated for about a week from now and, as far as I know, that is the soonest that anyone can expect to get a PSP (the first two shipments were almost completely reserved before the March 24 release.)

I'm not at my store right now so I'm working off of memory here. Games currently available for the PSP are: Ape Escape, Darkstalkers, Dynasty Warriors, Gretzky, Lumines, Metal Gear Acid, Need for Speed Underground: Rivals, NFL Street 2, Ridge Racer, Spiderman 2, Tiger Woods PGA, Tony Hawk's Underground 2: remix, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, Wipeout:Pure, and World Tour Soccer.

Upcoming titles include Grand Theft Auto, Fifa Soccer, Madden 2006, and NBA Showdown.

The PSP can play games, music and movies. The Value pack retails for 249.99 (in California the tax rate is 7.75 so that puts the price at $269.36) and includes the system, headphones, a carry case, a 32MB memory card, Spiderman 2 (movie) and a demo for two games. I'm uncertain if Spiderman will be included in the third shipment. Memory cards are $39.99 for 128 MB, all the way up to $89.99 for 512 MB with the $149.99 1GB memory card still up and coming (and reservable). Memory cards can save games, music and movies. Also, movies are slated to be released later this month.

The PSP and the DS are roughly even on the number of games available for each (which sucks for the DS as it has been out for months)

The DS can play games and has a chat option that assumes close proximity. It retails at $149.99 and has no extras.

I think Nintendo is about to get the crap beaten out of them by Sony.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

I hate to sound like your parents, but you guys should be real careful where you use and store these things. A recently released $250 pocket gaming tool is a hot item. Be careful not to let them get stolen.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Defently go for the PSP, I know some people with DS's and they just sit and draw on them. Who wants to draw when you can play Metal Gear.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

There have been some major problems with the PSP in Japan, the first batch of sony products are notorious for breaking down. I would wait a while, if you happen to buy one with a flawed screen (missing pixels) you won't be able to return it. So far the DS works like a charm, and will have more innovative titles because of the touchpad.

Isn't the DS also capable of playing GBA games, giving it an essentially much larger volume of software then the PSP? With a home system it's not such a big deal, but with a portable, I'd expect it is. Especially given how many excellent titles there are for the GBA.

The PSP has PS2 graphics and the quality of games that has made the PS2 the best console.

psp but ds looks some fun touch screen good idea but i am lovin the ds
    "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
    "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
    —Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

how stupid george bush is !

I stick by PSP, just look at the selection of games.

MGS, GTA, NBA Showdown - they are my favourite but look at Demon of Light's post for YOURS.

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    There have been some major problems with the PSP in Japan, the first batch of sony products are notorious for breaking down. I would wait a while, if you happen to buy one with a flawed screen (missing pixels) you won't be able to return it. So far the DS works like a charm, and will have more innovative titles because of the touchpad.
    For missing pixels, hold the screen face down, and turn it on, off, and on again. If that doesn't work, vary how many times you turn it on and off and how quickly or slowly you do it. If that doesn't help, you might have bigger problems.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.