Thread: Battle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Battle

How can I remove the ability to automate battles so I'll have to fight manually in the prologue campaign? I'm doing my utmost evil to my brother and this will be perfect since he's a coward and relies only on outnumbering the enemy like 10:1 and then auto fighting to get a cheap quick win. Help me out here fellas
    Last edited by GreatOne; 04-05-2005 at 03:59. Reason: 'cause I had to
    GreatOne

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Battle

Hm, I don't know if this is possible
    You could make a script to do it, but as with all scripts, it would have to be run...

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Hm, I don't know if this is possible
    You could make a script to do it, but as with all scripts, it would have to be run...

If I could find the file or text, maybe a "battle.txt" or whatever, I'll prob be able to do it. Anyway, in descr_senate, or export_senate; whichever one, are any of those things moddable there, like if i wanted the senate to have a low tolerance for a faction, can I do that. I know some of the scripts are spreadsheet generated and I don't know if I should mess with anything there.
    GreatOne

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

descr_senate is moddable, yes. All the spreadsheet-generated ones are moddable, too, despite what they say—we don't have access to the spreadsheets CA used, so we have to edit by hand (or use editor programs, but be cautious about bugs).

The problem with loading scripts is that you basically have to start them manually every time you reload the game. There's no way to automate it that anyone's figured out.

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

You can have an automated one start the first time you start a campaign, but it has to end quite soon or else you can't save...