Thread: Can you guys help me?

Default Can you guys help me?

I've been asking pretty much every1 franticly trying to find some1 who has got custom animations in game and i was told some of you had. sorry this is out of place but

Default Re: Can you guys help me?

crap hit enter don't know how to edit. let me start again. Can you guys help me out i heard you have got custom animations ingame and i was wondering if you could tell me how you did it? I have tried for many hours to use verc.'s anime editor but everytime i edit the pack file in /data/aniamtions the game CTD's. Sorry if this is out of place but this is really getting to me now.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

That is all right. We are willing to help our fellow modders. Godspetmonkey is the one that has done it and if he is willing to post an explanation you will get one.

BTW you get to edit your posts when you become a member, it doesnt seem to take too many posts for most people. Good Luck with the animations.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Following the readme is what I do, the instructions in that are all you need to get them to work.

How ever I have found that animations over 40kb in size (the .cas file) tend to cause the game to CTD at the initial loading screen (credits).
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

so godspetmonkey wot software do you use verc's anime editor? Coz the readme isn't very detailed on that. I read all the info on his threads but everything he says to do just results in a CTD.

Thx ever so much godspetmonkey i understand what you mean now with the limited file size i FINALLY got animations ingame i can't thank you enough. :D :D :D ^^

one question though godspetmonkey do i have to have the same timeline as the origonal animations (which i'm doing at the moment) Or can i make then slightly bigger or smaller?

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Sorry for the wait.

I have increased the number of frames on many of my animations (the only way to make them take a long time infact.... we don't want crossbows firing as fast as normal bows).

Just make sure the .cas stays under that 40kb, and you should be fine.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

thx alot monkey all sorted anyway good luck with ur mod best wishes.