Poll: Tea or Coffee

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Tea or Coffee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tea or Coffee

CHOOSE! in the ultimate competition
    {LORE}
    "It is not the well-being of individuals that makes cities great, but the well-being of the community"- Niccolò Machiavelli.

Floating through the net... Member King Edward's Avatar
    Guernsey, A small sea weed covered rock in the English Channel

Default Re: Tea or Coffee

Nothing get you back on the beers after a skinful the night before than strong sweet black tea, got me through many a dark morning!

I have loads of chinese green tea which i got from, well china! which is great when you have a cold, also its supposed to be good for your immune system as well.
    Last edited by King Edward; 04-07-2005 at 12:25.
    Chelsea - Simply Champions!

RTK4Flintoff in multi-player

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Generally tea (mostly Darjeeling or Earl Grey, some green teas from time to time, Roojbush in the evening).

Coffee us rather an execption (like latte or Cappuccino on Sundays or an Espresso after diner)

EDIT: I usually drink my tea without milk (the exception being very strong black teas, like the Orange Pekoe we have here in the office )
    Last edited by Ser Clegane; 04-07-2005 at 10:28.

well i hate coffee and drink litres of tea a day, i drink irish breakfast first thing in the morning, followed by a pure ceylon in the mornings, traditional afternoon, in the afternoon, all of them with a little bit of milk and thats it, and finish off in the evening with black russian caravan.
    thanks,
    dizzy
    {LORE}
    "It is not the well-being of individuals that makes cities great, but the well-being of the community"- Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Both, depending on the situation. Always with no sugar. Usually no milk/cream/other guff. However, occasionally will have milk in a strong tea. Will also quite happily drink cappucinos etc.

Tea for when I feel like relaxing and slowing down. Coffee for when I plan to have a little more fun.

Coffee, nice and strong, is also a utilitarian drink, essay crises etc.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Both? It kinda depends. It is usually tea on weekends, Chinese or Ceylon very frequently, although my dad doesnt respect any teas but Russian Black, so if he prepares breakfast, thats what we get....

On weekdays however, it is moslty coffee of all shapes and clolours. Latte, capuccino, black with or without sugar, good coffee, bad coffee, liguid coffee, mayonaise-density coffee, etc...

Specially in the last few days, when my academic inactivity over the Easter break brought 10+ hours a day sessions to get done everything I was supposed to do over the break, I drink maybe 3 pints of coffe a day (and sleep 6 hours a night ) so Im over energetic and undermotivated which is the reason I'm posting here.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Huge mug of tea upon reaching consciousness.

Huge cup of coffee upon reaching work.

One or two coffees at lunch

One coffee after work.

Three to five cups of tea between dinner and unconsciousness.
    Unto each good man a good dog

A large cup of dark roast, fair trade arabica, please
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani
    Paul Peru: Holier than thy bucket!

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I drink both.

I like Earl Grey, English Breakfast and Bigelow Constant Comment, which has orange rinds (sp?) in it. It was my grandmother's favorite, so when I drink it I often think of her. I also enjoy Chinese jasmine tea, and Japanese Gen Mai Cha ("popcorn" tea). Of course, I like traditional Japanese green tea as well. I tend to put sugar/sweetener in non-Asian teas, but drink the Asian types straight up. I put a dab of milk in English Breakfast tea only.

I LOVE Chai. I found a wonderful mix at the Natural Food Co-op in Sacramento, very spicy and rich, prepare it yourself from a chai herb mix. Haven't been able to find it in my new location. Oregon Chai, the popular liquid brand here in the western US, is a bit too sweet for my tastes and lacks the bite I prefer. But it'll do in a pinch.

I have ever enjoyed coffee, but it enjoys me less these days--a bit hard on the stomach sometimes. When I was working for the State of California, going out for coffee on morning break was a tradition. Before I turned 35 or so I had 2-3 mochas, cappucinos, or lattes a day, but when I started to put on weight I put an end to that habit and just had coffee.

Nowadays I drink tea mostly, sometimes coffee with sugar and cream, and only occasionally splurge for a latte or mocha when I'm out and about.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Altho I prefer a giant cafe latte, I'm pretty lactose intolerant and it makes me way too wired for about two hours then I fart the rest of the day.

Plus, Mrs ichi once told me that I should drink tea - she put her hand on mine and said 'I don't think you realize how intense you get'.

So I drink a mix of green and black tea in the A.M., then switch to Pepsi in the P.M.

Sake with sushi.

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

green tea
    Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Mickey D's Sweet Tea yall Yankees and Red Coats...j/k.
    Pray for the Pope, I am Protestent, but still pray.
    Buy me MTW2 and RTW of I'll your

I drink both, though probably prefer tea.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Tea, as long as you classify Chai as tea. I also drink normal tea of all sorts and some cappucinos. But I tend to stay away from caffeine drinks, I can stay up late genough without them.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Well, I drunk coffee ocasionaly but I'm not to keen on it. It doesn't do anything for me. I like tea way more. There should be beer though. Beer is the king of drinks. The fact that it gets you drunk is secondary to its great feel and taste.

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

tea. i make my own kind usually. i use lipton green label (darjeeling) or taj mahal (assam) or some other black leaf. i usually make an indian-style "spiced tea", using cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper as the base. occasionally i'll add ginger, nutmeg, or mint. usually, i'll add milk, which is traditional for this kind of tea. edit: and of course sugar to taste. i don't generally like it as sweet as one is supposed to make it.

don't like the taste of coffee.
    Last edited by Big_John; 04-08-2005 at 05:50.
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

What - coffee is the only way to go! Without that sweet nectar I'm absolutely useless in the morning.

I have a senseo at home (espresso-like) and a vending machine at work.
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

Default Re: Listen; Do you smell something?

Coffee. Black. Guatemalan is nice, especially on those days one wakes up 60 quiet minutes before the family.

Cool thread.
    "I didn't get to where I am today worrying about how I'll feel tomorrow."

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Blimey, I feel a bit common with my PG Tips brewed in the mug seeing all the fancy teas being drunk here. AND my office mug proudly proclaims "Gillingham Football Club" for an extra classy touch.

Coffee's good for meetings though, after a bit you start bouncing off the walls and people agree to anything to get out of the room before you explode.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

The not so Almighty Member Pausanias828's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius
    Cool thread.
    Aurelius, you would have to say that though wouldn't you, considering the longest running thread at the .com is your one on the same subject.

Anyway, my answer is the same as over there. I love tea, and will drink whatever type of tea we have in the house (normally something like pg tips), I drink that with hardly any milk and no sugar. I really don't like coffee, except Irish, which I hope I don't need to explain what that is.
    Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all
    Ypatia (350-370? – 415) AD
    Free beer, ok I lied, just a new Forum

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

I find the idea of hot drinks bizarre. Liquid should be cool and refreshing...

I normally drink fruit juice/soft drinks.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

-
    All three (tea, coffee, soft drinks) but tea wins.
    -
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...