Thread: A bug?

Default A bug?

I have the pacthed viking invasion. I played as Irish. I assasinated Scottish King in Ulster. The King died and his heir took over but, SURPIRSE, I became the owner of Ulster. All military and STRATEGIC units in the province also became mine.

Is it a bug?

Lightbulb Re: A bug?

o_O

I never had that hapen to me :(. You inter-married succesfully with that faction. You just inherited all their lands through their daughter.

If you marry off your princess (or marry your sons to one of their princesses) before other factions have the chance to do the same, you will inherit everything of that faction if you're the sole claiment and the ruler dies without heirs.

Default Re: A bug?

I had a marriage with the Scottish (they had offered their princess several decades eralier) I was still allied with the Scottish. (Yes, I am a mean ally: sending assisins after the faction leader )

What makes me puzzled is: scottish were not elinimated, why did I inherit? And why did I inherit only one province? The only explanation that seems remotely possible is that assasinating the king caused civil war, scottish chose to back up rebels, and I got one of the loyalist provinces because of the marriage. But its hard to blieve it, I tend to think that it was a bug.

It is not a bug, its a feature.

I like these happenings. As Byz I inherited half of Spain (including RKs and jinettes) when they broke up. IIRC it was after a civil war and the royalists lost.

mfberg
    It is not complete until the overwieght female vocalizes.

Pinky : Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
    Brain : The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelsader
    I had a marriage with the Scottish (they had offered their princess several decades eralier) I was still allied with the Scottish. (Yes, I am a mean ally: sending assisins after the faction leader )

What makes me puzzled is: scottish were not elinimated, why did I inherit? And why did I inherit only one province? The only explanation that seems remotely possible is that assasinating the king caused civil war, scottish chose to back up rebels, and I got one of the loyalist provinces because of the marriage. But its hard to blieve it, I tend to think that it was a bug.
    Check if anyone else has Scottish Provinces.
    Pray for the Pope, I am Protestent, but still pray.
    Buy me MTW2 and RTW of I'll your