Thread: Provincial change

Question Provincial change

Long time reader, first time poster. How do you go about changing factions starting provinces. I not very good at modding. Last night I was trying to give Gaul the Julii province of Umbria, but no matter what I did, it didn't work. A little help would be very much appreciated.

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Default Re: Provincial change

Please read my long post in this thread, and then ask for any more details, which can be given as necesary.
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link

That is exactly what I did last night, but it didn't work. The only thing I didn't do is replace the army. Would that have made the differance?

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Yes, not removing the army makes a difference: because even if your faction is listed in the file as owning the city, the existing enemy army captures it immediately when the game loads.

Also, make sure that the units you place in the new army (which you put at the end of the armies list for the faction receiving the province) are buildable by that faction, otherwise you might have some problems.
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link