Thread: Punic: Total War

Default Punic: Total War

This mod has been taking shape over at TWC, it's the brainchild of the great Gaius Julius, we've got some pretty great talent contributing to the mod, but we need all the help we can get. I'm afraid we don't need any more skinners, but if you have any knowledge of 3Ds max we're looking for you.

Carthaginians and Africans by MaximusMinimus

New Standard

Sacred Legion

Libyan Spearmen

Lusitanii Raiders

General's Bodyguard

Sacred Cavalry

Moorish Archers

Mauritanian Infantry

African Units by LACA

Garamantes Warrior

Iberian Units by Atilla Reloaded

Iberian Veteran Scutarii

Iberian Scutarii

Light Scutarii

Devotio

Iberian Raiders

Iberian Heavy Cavalry

]
    Iberian Veterans

Celtiberian Heavy Warband

Celtiberian Spearmen

Celtiberian Devotio Spearmen

Hellenic Units by Acutulus

Athenian Levies

Spartan Hoplites

Macedonian Pikemen, temporary shields

Hypastists, temporary shields

Roman Units by Acutulus

Standard Bearer, with some outdated Hastati and a general concept long since thrown out

Principes, outdated but it gives you something to look at in the way of Romans

Default Re: Punic: Total War

The map by Gaius Julius, pay no heed to the ownership, that is outdated, but the provinces are those that will appear in the game.

A purely campaign version should be released within the month, no units, only the map and such, as a sort of open beta.

looks good

I can do something in 3dsmax 7, but I don't think I'm good enof

Default Re : Re: Punic: Total War

Hi
    I m the new Leader of PTW
    News will follow
    " I may be permitted to premise, that i am about to relate the most memorable
    of all wars that were ever waged : the war which the Carthaginians, under the
    conduct of Hannibal, maintained with the Roman people. " ¤¤¤¤ Punic: TW Leader

As Punic TW is taking more time than i estimate, i decided to make downloadable the Music Pack.

=========================================
    Punic TW Music MoD
    by HemilcoBarca

This is a mix of all different types of music for all the different cultures in the game.
    Explanations of chosen music for a culture are given below for the curious.

Music comes from the following sources:

Troy

Gladiator

Pirates of the Carribean

Passion of the Christ

Alexander

King Arthur

HBO Series: Rome

BBC Series: Rise & Fall of the Empire

The Last Samurai

Strengh & Honor (PC)

REASONING:

Carthago: A blend of mediterranian and a touch of Hellenic spice up this culture, with a grand sens of duty and honor.
    Throw in a dash on unique music for them and presto!
    You have a winner.

Roma: Discipline and courage are what the romans are all about.
    A slower waltz style selection with a definate unique blend is what we threw in here to simulate the more controlled discipline of the romans.

Egyptians: We gave the Egyptians a blend of eastern, hellenic, and their own unique touch to flesh out the wierd amalgam of culture that was the Ptolomaic Empire.

Barbarians: We envisioned nobility and grace, but also power and savagry with the barbarians.
    You will find a unique blend of inspiring songs that will touch your inner barbarian ;)

Hellenic: A proud independant people who forged a massive ring of cultural control over a large span of the earth, we felt a heroic style blend of music with a seemingly balkan touch and a pinch of eastern was called for.

Eastern: A stark contrast to the hellenic invaders, and a much older, maybe even ancient culture compared to them in some parts, inspired us to blend in royal and unique music for the easterners.
    Prepare to enter a musical journey of excitement and intrigue!

I Would Like to thank the

CC LITE MUSIC PACK TEAM

who had initiated This Project.

>>>>>>> CC LITE MUSIC PACK TEAM <<<<<<<<<

Head Editor: SwordFish

Project Lead/Coder: King_Azzole

Editors: Maximusminimus

"Official" suggestion box:
    Flavius Julius, the celt,
    Bruticus the Steadfast

"Non-official" suggestion box:
    TWCenters kick ass community!

NOTE/DISCLAIMER: It is most likely illegal in many areas of the world to use or even DL this
    music without owning the original soundtracks its drawn from.

We are merely providing the music in moddable form so those people who own the soundtracks

Mod name: Punic: Total War
    Mod creator: Gaius Julius
    Mod team leader: HemilcoBarca
    Mod team members: Steuner, Angel, Carthagina, UDun & the HPD Team
    Mod Description: A mod focused entirely on the Punic wars between Carthage and Rome, from 264 BC to 146 BC.
    It consist of 4 turns per year, uses three different compaign maps and translates into 3 Volumes:

¤ Punic TW: Mare Closum : includes Sicilian Wars, The First Punic War, Pacification of Africa and conquest of Spain ( This will be a Minor Mod)

¤ Punic TW: Hannibalem Poenorvm Dvcem : will retraces Hannibal's Legendary III Spanish Army compaigns in Iberia, Gallia, Peninsula Italica and in Africa ( This is the great part of work and it is a Major Mod)

The third volume 's code name Delenda Carthago will be released later and will include the Siege of Carthage, War vs Jugurtha, Pacification of Spain and War against the Numantines...
    Other info on mod:
    Forum : Punic: Total War Forum
    Cover : Eagle Standard Vol. I Mod Focus
    Permissions: Permission by request only.
    This means that permission must be sought to use any elements of the creators work, this is to cover instances where the creator wishes to keep certain elements (ie; use of names) at their discretion.

PTW Volume I : Mare Closum

The map is campaigns for the island of Sicily, starting in 264BC, for the First Punic War and Earlier, for Sicilian Wars .
    The map contains 25 regions and has many playable factions; Rome, Carthage and Free Greek Cities. The central region of the map starts under the control of the rebels.

Here is a screenshot of the map in its current state (click to enlarge):

With this Volume, we inaugurate the New recruitement System "Legionary & Allied Military System", Many military Eras will be deployed during the three volumes.

Also The NavalWarfare will be boosted to her highness, time to live a different naval battles, with buildings that determines the Naval Policy. Also Recruitable Navies will be experimental but we can't make specific areas of recruitement as Gaius Julius Suggested.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    At the very basic level, new ships will be added, so-called 'barbarian' nations will not be able to become as advanced as say, Rome or Carthage, in naval warfare or naval trade, some cities will be able to build larger fleets than others, and there will be mercenary fleets for hire in specific areas.

We've also considered the idea of a complex 'policy' concept, where you can adopt one of three policies that affect your roll as a world power on the sea. For a very basic rundown, if you played Rome, before being able to build a Port, the Senate would have to 'adopt' one of the following: The 'Sea trade' Policy, the 'Coastal Defence' policy, and the 'Fleet Warfare' policy. If you chose the 'Sea Trade' policy, that city would be unable to build advanced warships, and would instead have a path opened up to it to build and purchase upgrades to your sea trade from that port. You would be able to construct very basic ships for troop transport, and possibly recruit expensive mercenary fleets, but that's it.

On the other hand, if the Senate adopted the aggressive 'Fleet Warfare' policy, you would LOSE those sea trade bonuses and upgrades, and instead that specific port would concentrate on building large fleets of powerful ships to control the sea.

Of course, all of these ideas are still in their infancy, and there are MANY other ones to consider, A great rival to MNM and a consolation to the dead project: Sea District.

Gaius Julius's Ideas

There is a project to put a reform (like Marius reform) during the Mercenary Compaign ( still in devel : carthage with three loyal cities [Hippo Zarythus, Utica, Tunes] and the rest of Africa is rebelled into three authorities[Numidian Maessily, Numidian Massaesily and Slaves'more Agressives')

Sicily Map made by Spoonfrog

Punic Total War Volume I: Mare Closum
    (Sicilian Wars Bonus Pack & 1st Punic War)

¤ Carthage ------------------------------->(in place of Carthage)
    ¤ Phoenicians Colonies ---------------->(in place of Britons)
    ¤ Rome ----------------------------------->(in place of R. Julii)
    ¤ Athenian Expedition ----------------->(in place of Seleucids)
    ¤ Syracuse ------------------------------->(in place of R. Scipii)
    ¤ Locri ------------------------------------>(in place of R. Brutti)
    ¤ Gela ------------------------------------>(in place of Armenia)
    ¤ Acragas -------------------------------->(in place of Parthia)
    ¤ Segeste -------------------------------->(in place of Pontus)
    1. You remark that there is two punic factions (Carthage & Phoenician Colonies) this choice is of ethic order; to make easy the revolution that Carthage lived in 480 BC, following Hamilcar I's death, the King lost most of his power to an aristocratic Council of Elders. In 308 BC, Bomilcar attempted a coup to restore the monarch to full power, but failed, which led to Carthage becoming in name as well as in fact a republic, Religion also knew revolution, the protector god of the city status passed from Melqart (protector of Melca; kings) to Baal & Tanit (gods of justice & fertility). But Military Domain stay as it was, the only new things are the relying in mercenaries, hiring from client states and contrubutions from colonies and subject cities.
    2. Athenian Expedition, we can not use the term of Delian League. This will induce in error; if we do that we'll make Sicily a major battlefield of the peloponesian war, thing that it wasn't.
    3. A multitude of Greek Cities: you may be surprised of the absence of some cities (Like Selinus that was a cause of alliance between Segeste & Phonicians and the intervention of Athens) This choise was made to improve gamep lay and set rivality higher with Syracuse.
    Any Ideas or Corrects, PM me
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; 03-08-2008 at 14:17.

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Tomorrow I will send You new versions:
    legio Africanus,
    African Pikeman,
    Libyan Cavarly,
    Iberian Infantry.

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Woah, this mod looks simply amazing guys! i look forward to it with trepidation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Default Sv: Punic: Total War

I think the punic wars are the most intresting period in human history. Good luck with the mod, it looks grat so far.

Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam!
    Hej sötnos.

Any progress?
    Its been over a month for since the last update and im dying to see more info!

Any idea of teh time period in mind until release? End of the summer? End of the year?
    Please let me know if possible. Thanks.
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Default Re : Punic: Total War

It's Very difficult to fix a release date, but more infos are required :
    The Mod will be released in three Times (Volumes)

The 1st Volume's progress is about 90%
    The 2nd Volume's progress is about 40%
    The 3rd Volume's progress is about 20%

Our Second Beta is coming Very Soon, and the Volume I is for June.

We may be forgiven for our rare informations (we don't like spamming in forum, we prefer coding)
    Anyway, Our website is here and it's on (some corrections have to be fixed and articles had to be added)

Default Re: Re : Punic: Total War

Im lebanese so that makes me a father of hannibal

Default Re: Re : Punic: Total War

Thanks for the update guys, this looks awesome :D

¤ Selinous ----------------->(in place of Seleucids)

Preview of Phoenician Colonies very soon on PTW website

Phoenician Colonies small Preview & Units here

next Faction's Preview : Senat of Rome, very Soon

Faction Preview and Units : Senat Of Rome
    Faction Preview and Units : Phoenician Colonies

Soon, Previews for Republic of Carthage & Kingdom of Syracuse !!!

New units (20 Sicilian Hoplites) are realised.
    In addition to that, some lost carthaginian units (present in the first Beta of RTW & removed after by Creative Assembly) have been skinned by me.

the Punic Total Warriors have released a new sicilian map for the first volume "Mare Closum"
    Let's start this preview with a selection of screenshots from the map itself. These will show
    the brand new textures and models for many things like, settlements and terrain textures.
    This map, however, is still work in progress as it needs to be performed (Heights, Rivers,
    Regions).
    Nonetheless, this is THE base we are using for PTW v1.

NB: Factions have not been implemented into this map and all the faction stuff you see are
    dummy and placeholders.

Mini Map

Region

Messana

Naxos

Catane

Syracuse

Acrae

Thermae

Selinous

Lilybaeum

Map done by Spoonfrog, SquidSK & HemilcoBarca

Carthage :

African Legion (Darak Africanim)

Poeni Infantry (Dorki Canaaniym)

Libyan Spearmen (Anatim Loubiym)

Iberian Infantry (Darak Iberiim)

Iberian Caetratii Cavalry

Rome :

Camilian Legion (romans & allies)

Camilian Velites

Camilian Hastatus

Camilian Princeps

Camilian Triarii

Syracuse :

Syracusean Hoplite (Syrakousai Hoplitai)

Syrakousai Hippeis

Syracusean Royal Squadron

Akragas :

Akragas hippeis

Phoenician Colonies
    :

Libyan Spearmen (Anatim Loubiym)

Selinous :

Lokroy
    :

Apulian hippeis

Egesta
    :

Last edited by HemilcoBarca; 03-08-2008 at 14:49.