Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointless thread on the topic of HAIR and FACIAL HAIR

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Default Pointless thread on the topic of HAIR and FACIAL HAIR

Ok talk about your hair styles and facial hair styles here.

Me, slicked back usually, but i think its time for a nice changup. Maybe I'll dye it jet black?

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Default Re: Pointless thread on the topic of HAIR and FACIAL HAIR

Clean shaven

as for my hair its not too short not too thick, although im thinking about going for a frodo baggins look

I don't particularily care about my 'hair style' too much. Yes I use gel and all that crap from time to time but that is just to make it look some what presentable, it's pretty pathetic that people spend hours concerned with it. I am growing my hair again I have decided after the big chop!

As for facial hair, I either let it grow for a few weeks and have a semi beard or shave it and be clean shaven.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Hair style - Simple. Why do people spend hours on something you can do in minutes? I keep mine neat, combed forward, no gel.
    Facial hair - My beardish thing (when I have one) is dark brown, but my hair is blonde...my gf doesn't like facial hair much. I suppose I don't have a choice
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

i can't grow a beard. wish i could. most i can get is a 5 o clock shadow with a couple of days growth. can get a reasonable moustache though.
    indeed

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

I have hair past my shoulders, parted down the middle.
    I can't grow a real beard yet, so I shave often.

In other words, I sort of look like the Gaul in my avatar, except younger, without the David Crosby walrus stache, and slightly darker and curlier hair.
    Last edited by Steppe Merc; 04-10-2005 at 23:58.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

i have a semi-beard. Not that thick but it looks better than clean shaven
    btw I spend 2.5 minutes a morning on my hair (that includes finding the ----ing gel)

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Wink Re: Pointless thread on the topic of HAIR and FACIAL HAIR

i´ve been clean-shaved for as long as i started growing a beard.....but for the last 4 months i decided to let it grow....clean shaved wasn´t exactly working with the ladies ya know?

yeah....now that´s a sexy beast!
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

I have hair past my shoulders, parted down the middle.
    I can't grow a real beard yet, so I shave often.
    Yep, that's me. Long hair past my shoulders. I'd love to grow facial hair, but I can't.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

at the moment i don't do anything with my hair as its always cold so im wearing my hat, but when its warmer usually use wax and flick my fringe up

i just shave facial hair on average weekly, so its swings from cleanly shaven to a bit or a beard and moustache over the week
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    i´ve been clean-shaved for as long as i started growing a beard.....but for the last 4 months i decided to let it grow....clean shaved wasn´t exactly working with the ladies ya know?

yeah....now that´s a sexy beast!
    ...woah...
    *Duff-man* OOOOOOOOOOHHH YEEEEAAAHHH!!
    Last edited by TheSilverKnight; 04-11-2005 at 01:12.
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Technically termed a mess.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody Else
    Technically termed a mess.
    At least it is Somebody Else's mess. (rimshot)

You knew this was coming, didn't you?

I have a full beard - a bit longer than Ronin's. Same holds true for head hair, though mine is lazy - lying horizontal rather than striving for vertical as his does.
    This space intentionally left blank

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I´m not a fan of shaving, specially since my last gf dumped me, I´m enjoying the freedom of being unpresentable. So I just trim my facial hair once or twice a week, which gives me the "tough guy" style 3-day beard. When/if I go out I usually shave leaving a D'Artagnan-style beard.

About hair: really short to avoid brushing, cleaning, etc. My morning hair hygiene takes 10 seconds: cold water on my head, and baseball cap .

What I really dont like is females with facial hair. And there are a few of those out there...
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Hmmmm, I still have hair, but it's certainly less than it used to be. The parking lot up top is getting mighty close to a landing strip.

But I can grow a beard like a Russian! And I have every colour of the rainbow in there. Black, brown, red, blonde, grey, and white.

I'm clean shaven 90% of the time since my woman permits no contact unless so. But in the winter when you're outdoors all the time a beard can be a real friend. All the boys at the logyard let it go wild in winter. it's part of the attitude. But if one night your sweetie forces you to shave, just... cough-cough, because, then the next day your cheeks and chin get it real nasty when the wind picks up.

I'm minutes away from taking off a weeks worth of beard. Might keep a fu-manchu for a while just to piss her off.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Check out this thread for more than you ever tought you would want to know about me and my hair

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

I generally go against current fashion.

In the '70s, all the guys had long hair. Mine was short.

In the '80s, the trend was towards short hair and a thin mustache. I had long hair and a fat mustache (sometimes a beard as well).

In the '90s, when all the guys started trying to look like Bruce Willis (bristle head or bald with a goatee), I decided I would be clean-shaven and with Michael J. Fox hair. It boosted my lovelife right away, big time.

I'm lucky I have hair, and so far almost no gray. How long can it last?

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Floating through the net... Member King Edward's Avatar
    Guernsey, A small sea weed covered rock in the English Channel

I have short dark spikey/messy hair (easy to fix in the am) and should shave every day as i grow quite a thick beard if i leave it long, but being the procrastinator that i am i tend to shave every other day unless i have an important meeting at work. Even clean shaven i sill have a dark 5 o'clock shadow.
    Chelsea - Simply Champions!

RTK4Flintoff in multi-player

My hair is short, real short, I get the wife to shave it with the shortest guard on the clippers, a No 1 for those in the UK. As for facial hair, I am of the firm belief that shaving is the work of the devil and so I only shave once or twice a week and pretty much always have stubble.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

My hair still looks like it does in the pic I posted in the Friends/Family Photos thread. In that pic I have a full goatee. Now it's a "Pirates of the Carribean" one--shaved off the sides under my mouth and above my chin, so I only have a moustache, chin hair, and the little tuft under my lip. I think I look a bit younger, and several lady friends say it makes me look less mean and more like the little devil that I am.

Back in the 90s I wore my hair down past my shoulders. If I let it grow long it gets quite curly. Imagine Frodo's hair, but Aragorn's length and that's what I had.

Monday through Thursday I'd slick it back and tie it off in a Seagal-like tail. On Fridays I let it loose (blue jeans on Fridays at work; long curly hair looks dork in a suit but ok in a tail). After about 5 years of being known as "the guy with the hair" to my coworkers, I got sick of it and cut it all off. Nice for people to call me by my NAME, gah.

I liked having a mane, but it took FOREVER to get clean compared to my current doo. Nowadays I'm into quick and easy. A bottle of shampoo/conditioner lasts a year now instead of a month, and I have other things to do with my time and money.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I have short to medium length hair, which I comb forward, except at the very front, where i push it sideways, thus covering most evidence of me balding.

I used to have a beard (I have a red beard but brown-blond hair) but the GF really hates facial hair, so now i shave every other day. It isn't too bad, i couldn't grow much hair on my cheeks anyway, so I was stuck with a 'low' beard.
    Still, i looked cool with my short hair, beard and trenchcoat back then
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

My hair is pretty short but its getting cut even shorter soon. Usually I use gel in my hair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    At least it is Somebody Else's mess. (rimshot)

You knew this was coming, didn't you?

I have a full beard - a bit longer than Ronin's. Same holds true for head hair, though mine is lazy - lying horizontal rather than striving for vertical as his does.

striving for vertical allright

this thing has about the same consistency of a stiff brush.....it´s absolutely impossible for me to have any other hair style....all i can do is change it´s lenght
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    ...woah...
    *Duff-man* OOOOOOOOOOHHH YEEEEAAAHHH!!

duff-man?...you tell me

maybe when i don´t have a beard...hehe
    like so

separated at birth?
    -Josh Homme
    - Calvin

I have short, sharp hair...like so many people try and acheive with gel...sad thing is the mop version (ie when it gets really long) is a total tangled mess and is extremely prone to get in my damn ears...the girls say it loks better long so who am I to argue?

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Long hippie hair, goatee.

Sad huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel

Sad huh?
    Woah, not how I pictured you.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

I have long hair; currently it reaches about half an inch past the tips of my shoulder blades. I've seen off numerous attempts to have it cut short, well over a decade's worth of battles. Amusingly my poor pet boyfriend loves my hair long, and gets all panicky if I mention having it cut. According to the person who trims my hair every now and then it's 'medium blonde', very strange really. Fine, silky, the individual threads look like fine gold wire if the light hits them right - I've never seen anyone else with matching hair. I don't do anything special with it, just wash it with normal shampoo. As you may be guessing by now I'm rather proud of my hair.

Facial hair; I may not have any but I still get to comment, so there Clean shaven only! I've never really been enthusiastic about the way facial hair of any kind looks, and after having my poor, tender face torn up a few times by my boyfriend's stubble I now insist on freshly shaven. If he isn't he can keep himself company. On the far side of the room. In his own house. Which is in a different city. Stubble is like coarse grade sandpaper; it's very easy to get a nice set of lightly bleeding scratches all down the side of your face.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Sad huh?
    Sad? Not at all!

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    Hair style - Simple. Why do people spend hours on something you can do in minutes? I keep mine neat, combed forward, no gel.
    Facial hair - My beardish thing (when I have one) is dark brown, but my hair is blonde...my gf doesn't like facial hair much. I suppose I don't have a choice
    How like Mary

Hairstyle - not simple. I like to look good, beeeatches, so I spend some time getting my hair into position. My hair is quite long, and I part it at the center... but it only takes a minute or five max. However, I am quite like Paris in that I check my damn hair and overall look out in every reflective surface I come across ^^; I use mousse... damn I sound like a metrosexual

Facial hair - I'm too lazy to shave it every day, so I usually shave it once/twice a week and then let it grow again... but if I'm going out I shave it

~Wiz
    Last edited by The Wizard; 04-11-2005 at 21:30.
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast