Thread: Help with cheats

Default Help with cheats

I have been trying out a couple of cheats in the Early game to speed things up a bit the have been using .badgerbunny. and .worksundays. in order to speed up the teching up stage and also the one that gives you a million florins can't remember the line!

If you haven't got the necessary buildings in your province to build the more advanced troops you can't build them? I was trying to produce longbowmen but didn't have any of the necessary buildings - I thought the cheat would circumvent that?

Also it seems the game doesn't like worksundays as it crashes every time I've tried it - anyone else had simlar probs?

Also if you produce the most advanced types of buildings i.e master bowyer etc that only increases valour - do you have to produce each building in turn as you would over the years. Rather than jump to the most advanced building of its type?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I've a buckle on my belt, A sword in my scabbard, I've a red coat on my back, And a shilling in my pocket

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

Default Re: Help with cheats

Even though I do not believe in using cheat codes, badgerbunny should allow you to build advance units ex. longbowmen and the final stages of buildings. The game does crash a lot because the program is against the use of cheat codes. deadringer is the one that gives you a million florins.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

A Veteran Wargamer Member kiwitt's Avatar

You also may not be able to build the longbowmen until high. {not sure}
    We work to live, and to live is to, play "Total War" or drive a VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitt
    You also may not be able to build the longbowmen until high. {not sure}
    I believe you are correct. In the campagn, there are some Welsh rebels in early that you can bribe for LB's, but you can't build any unless you are the English and it's 1205 or later.