Thread: Question re naval, gun units

Default Question re naval, gun units

Hi, I'm playing a Turkish campaign and am puzzled as to why I can't build advanced naval and gun units. It's 1305 and the compass and gunpowder have long since been discovered and I have all the appropriate techs.

Seems as though my faction was asleep when the compass was invented because Constantinople has advanced naval techs (but still can't build booms) but Egypt, for example, won't allow me to build them. Does this have to do with historical accuracy or is it a bug?

Any help much appreciated!

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Default Re: Question re naval, gun units

For Booms I think you need the Shipbuilder's Guild and a Cannon Foundry. You mention that you have all the necessary buildings so just checking.

IIRC Booms are only available in the Late Period

Does Egypt have a Citadel?

Do you have an Admiralty?

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Default Re: Question re naval, gun units

Quote Originally Posted by ichi
    For Booms I think you need the Shipbuilder's Guild and a Cannon Foundry. You mention that you have all the necessary buildings so just checking.

IIRC Booms are only available in the Late Period

Does Egypt have a Citadel?

Do you have an Admiralty?

ichi
    Yes and yes, but as far as Egypt is concerned, the compass hasn't been invented. It's a late era campaign, BTW. Perhaps this is causing a problem.

Hopefully it will get sorted out by the arrival of the late era, and thanks for the reply.