Thread: Suicide Family members

Robbing the rich since 1066 Member Lord Armbandit's Avatar

Default Suicide Family members

What the f? I just had a routine bridge battle against some rebels, used my general to chase them down, while they were routing along the river, and he just ran his horse into the river and drowned! I was disgusted! he was my faction leader too! took about two casualties to break them and lost seven in my 'general thinks armoured men can swim' chasing! Gah!
    Voting is an illusion to allow the common man to believe he has some control.

Revolting Peasant Member marcusbrutus's Avatar

Default Re: Suicide Family members

It would take almost 2000 years before railings were added to bridges to protect faction heirs and their noble steads.
    "Semper in Mira. Solum Profundum Variat."
    - Geoff Lee, One Spring (2002)

"Game graphics are like bikinis - it's not about what you show, it's about what you leave to the imagination."
    marcusbrutus

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcusbrutus
    It would take almost 2000 years before railings were added to bridges to protect faction heirs and their noble steads.
    But still we are faced with railless riverbanks on most of the world. Don't we ever learn?!
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Armbandit
    What the f? I just had a routine bridge battle against some rebels, used my general to chase them down, while they were routing along the river, and he just ran his horse into the river and drowned! I was disgusted! he was my faction leader too! took about two casualties to break them and lost seven in my 'general thinks armoured men can swim' chasing! Gah!
    Did your faction leader have the "stupidity" trait? Or uneducated?

Quote Originally Posted by marcusbrutus
    Thank you. Personally, I'm lost without government intervention. Walking into ravines and drinking bleach are finally a thing of the past.
    Ah...morality. The last bastion of a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Armbandit
    He wouldn't be the first one...Frederick Barbarossa drowned when he went swimming in his armour...

Or maybe it was just a hot day and they wanted some refreshment? Chasing routers on a hot summers' day does wear you out you know...

I think there are several new traits that should be added:

"Hates shampoo" (after his daddy drowned in the bathtub and he witnessed the horror, this man dreads water more than anything; +4 squalor, +25% cost when building sanitary improvements)

"Inefficient swimmer" (this man's family has a history of deaths in water; -2 command in bridge battles, +3 extraweight when charging)

"New retinue: lifeguard" (some have a talent to be at the right spot at the right moment; +2 drowning points - the number of underwater crossings in a bridge battle that your general can withstand - and extra lifebuoy for each upgrade of sanitary facilities)
    "Whose motorcycle is this?", "It's a chopper, baby.", "Whose chopper is this?", "Zed's.", "Who's Zed?", "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead." - Butch and Fabienne ride off into the sunset in Pulp Fiction.