Thread: Is there a way to get No-Dachi earlier?

More than a half campaigns I played I got the Sword Dojo facilities 45-50 years after 1530. Fighting dozens of battles, killing thousands of soldiers, there's no way!
    Sometimes I complete the game without getting No-Dachi.
    Is this a bug? bad luck?
    What can I do? just wait?

I don't know i normaly get it within the frist year playing as mori because i attack tak. and use the same unit in the fight he has cav and i have YS so the kill count in the beggining is high i think that it is based on that 1 person has to get 5 kills by himself you can see that in the log file

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

"Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy, and there is no need for much clever refinement of it"

"After a great fight between two mighty tigers, even a common dog may defeat the survivor"

Clan Shades
    Shades
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

I saw a post that said using Auto-calc tends to make it happen quickly. Can't vouch for that, tho.
    The key is not just killing a lot of the other guy, but, having YOUR guys survive it. You need to put a good unit against a poor one or a disadvantaged one. Say, at a bridge defense or a flank/rear attack that annihilates a unit.
    Too often a unit that kills a lot of foe also takes a lot of losses and the potential SwordMaster gets killed, too.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

One of your men needs to make a certain number of personal kills to gain Legendary Swordsman event.

I find YS is the best for this.
    I select a unit that will become my rout killer unit, then i take this unit along to as many battles as i can,
    i sneak this unit - and sometimes a support SA around to the back edge of the map board where i estimate the enemy will rout to.

Once this unit is in place begin your attack - try to rout the enemy one or two units at a time and have your YS-rout-killer intercept them.
    Usually 2 or 3 battles will 'trigger' the legendary swordsman.

A good idea to save before each such battle - just in case your YS gets suprised and you have to statr all over agin.

My personal opinion is this event can be a pain to 'trigger'.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

an easy and quick way to get the Legendary SDwordman eventis to simply use your Daimyo unit in your first few battles. Usually have them charge an archer unit or something and the result can happen - since your Daimyo is fairly tough he will be almost impossible to kill in the early stages (enemy armies with no improvements).

I agree. Playing as Hojo, i attacked Uesugi in the 2nd turn with my Daimyo. I killed Uesugi and i had the event "lendendary swordman".

Thanks everyone, going to try your suggestions.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

I'll have to try attacking with my Daimyo, sounds a lot easier than what I have been doing,
    - see, you can teach an old dog new tricks...
    lol

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

wait is it # of kills or # of units routed? i thought it was honour gained. oh well.

-Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life!-

A member of Clan Doragon

If you can read this you don't need glasses

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

It is definitely kills.

------------------
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

ok just checking

-Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life!-

A member of Clan Doragon

If you can read this you don't need glasses