Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Default Discussion and Announcements

Extended Greek Mod

This mod aims to give the Greek factions the same sort of depth that the Roman factions have in vanilla RTW. It adds many new units to the Greek factions, new character traits, changes the way that some buildings work, and much more. I have tried to stay close to the "look and feel" of vanilla total war, so this mod should appeal to people who like vanilla RTW but who want to play a more developed version of the Greek factions.

You can take a look at the readme here.
    You can download it here.

Designed for RTW 1.5 and RTW:BI 1.6. It uses the -mod switch so it does not make any changes to your data directory. The mod includes SignifierOne's animation pack, Archer's Skymod, AnistasioTheGreat's Spartans, and ngr's Mundus Magnus map as an option.

Screenshots

01. 02. 03.
    04. 05. 06.
    07. 08. 09.

01. Macedonian Hypaspists hold the line against Pontic War Elephants
    02. Krypteia carry out a night raid.
    03. Pikeline (nice shot of Archer's Sky)
    04. Greek army advancing.
    05. Waiting for the enemy assault.
    06. Carthaginian Sacred Band
    07. Carthaginian Sacred Band clash with Spartan Royal Guard
    08. Fleet pickets the mouth of the Adriatic
    09. Sacred Band using shield wall.
    10. Hypaspists at the gates of Carthage
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 06-07-2013 at 07:39. Reason: Updating links.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.0)

the greeks are my favourite sp faction so i might check it out. you havnt touched any of the other factions then?

also i think i heard about a mod that was called Hellenic Total War or something like that. i think it was set in the period a few hundred years before rtw, where you just play as 1 of a number of greek cities battling for supremacy. does anyone know about this mod or whether its even for rtw?
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

HTW is in the hosted mods section, and it is for MTW.

Wishazu - there are a couple of "big" mods for RTW in progress that deal with the Greeks in earlier periods (three if you count the Troy mod). One is "Age of Hellas" - set in the Peloponesian War period. The other is "The Successors - Total War" - set, obviously, just after the death of Alexander. I haven't been keeping up with AoH but TS-TW looks like it will be great. It's also hosted at Draksen.net if you want to take a look.

The XGM mods all of the Greek factions, although most of the focus so far has been on the Greek City States and Macedon. It's a small mod - but its one big advantage is that you can play it now

damn now if this mod was for the patch and helped the weather be more realisitic then it would be perfect

steve - which patch? MGM and XGM are both designed for use with the official 1.2 patch.

I haven't changed the weather settings yet, but that sounds like a good idea. You will probably see it in the nest version.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

thanks guys, im gonna finish my current rtr greek campaign and then i`ll give these a look.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Old links deleted.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 05-24-2005 at 08:05. Reason: Deleting old links.

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Are there any screens of the new units? I want to see how the units look in comparison with those in vanilla!
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link

Take a look at the readme (it has pictures), and here's a shot of the hypaspists.

reading about the helanic total war, there is another simular time
    troy: total war
    troytotalwar.111mb.com
    just so happens im a member

Small update to Version 2.1.1

-Meh_cd's new Spartan skin has been added.
    -Greek ports now have Greek walls.
    -A couple of alternative Spartan skins are included (the original skin, and the Peloponesian Era skin).

I'm going to be out of touch for about a week, so it may take a while for me to respond to questions

Guess I won't be out of touch after all. I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I can still get a weak wireless signal. :)
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 05-24-2005 at 08:06. Reason: Deleting old links.

This mod rocks! More Greek units and changing weather!

whats with the victory conditions? every game i play i lose at about 240 BC
    and the game is over and it goes back to the main menu, even when i still have like 5 or 6 cities left?

Are you using any other mods? There is a problem like this that seems to crop up when people use one of the extended map mods with XGM. As a general rule, mixing mods does not work, unless they are specifically designed to work together.

BTW, when I get back in a few days I will release the files needed to use the Mundus Magnus map with XGM.

yeah i downloaded both of what was posted. So what should i download to have the Greek mod with the weather change included? I will reinstall my game and start fresh this time as well.

Do a fresh install of RTW and the 1.2 patch, then install XGM 2.1.1, and then start a fresh campaign.

If you really want the extended map then the best idea is probably to wait a few days until I can organize a version that will work correctly with XGM.

its still doing the victory thing when i still have citys left?

Did you start a fresh campaign? If you use an old saved game you will keep running into the same problems.

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It works pretty well for me, except that for some reason the game itself knda slows down. And it doesnt have to do with resolution, or any other graphical details.

Any Ideas, or maybe I just need to defrag my HD....

Question, if I want to change morale and speed back to vanilla, what do I do?
    I liked the speed of the battles.
    Have all units been changed?
    Besides, in this mod, a couple of units of militia hoplites can still decimate the spartans in head on battle.
    And, would it be possible to include something to avoid cavalry jumping in the middle of the formation?

Thanks
    Last edited by SwordsMaster; 05-05-2005 at 10:02.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Speed (or framerate at least) should not be significantly affected. All of the new units have full sets of LOD models and sprites.

Changing the movement rate back to vanilla is easy, but changing the morale and kill-rate back is a little more complicated. To change the movement rates you can either replace or edit the file for movement modifiers (unfortunately I can't remember the name, I can tell you when I get back, but it is in the data directory and the name is something obvious like data/desc_terrain_movement_modifiers.txt). To change morale and killrate you need to edit data/export_descr_units.txt.

I have only seen militia hoptites do well against Spartans in the town square. Not much that can be done about that - they get unbreakeable morale, and the phalanx formation itself makes them effective aganist anything.

Jumping horses can be fixed, although I haven't looked into doing it myself. I don't think I will include as default just because phalanx units are already very effective - but I might include it as an "extra".

i did a fresh install of RTW and the 1.2 patch, then instaledl XGM 2.1.1, and then started a fresh campaign. and still its doing the victory thing.

steve - I'm not sure what would be causing it now, unless you have the "short campaign" option selected. Keep a saved game from just before it happens. When I get back I give you an e-mail address you can send it to. I'll have a look myself and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks man.

Default Version 2.1.2

I have released another small update (XGM 2.1.2). You can install this over XGM 2.1.1 if you already have that version installed. You should be able to continue with campaigns started under version 2.1.1 (but not earlier versions).

*Old links deleted* See the top post for updated links.

The main changes for version 2.1.2 are:

-Added files to integrate Mundus Magnus.
    -Added ancillaries for all Greek temples..
    -Added two new optional Spartan skins.
    -Revised many character trait triggers.
    -Legendary Conqueror requirements reduced.

A number of other small changes and tweaks were also made.

I have been playing with the Mundus Magnus map myself, and it works fine (and is an excellent map for Greek campaigns), but if you want to use it make sure you follow the installation instructions carefully.

The Legendary Conqueror traits are now much easier to obtain. You can now gain the traits even from defensive battles. The odds do not have to be against you - even (1:1) odds will do. A victory against a barbarian faction will count as a victory in Europe. Finally you only need to destroy 70% of the opposing force with 70% of your own force left intact.

All of the Greek temples now have suitable priest and priestess ancillaries, but they are only available to the factions which can build the temples "from scratch". The character traits associated with temples have also been revised to make them more governor friendly.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 05-24-2005 at 08:08. Reason: Deleting old links.

Draksen.net appears to be down, so here is an alternate download link.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Default Re: Version 2.1.2

yo, great mod, is it just me or should there be alot more civilisation specific mods, nothing big, but civs like briton sohuld get beefed up
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

is it just me or should there be alot more civilisation specific mods
    I think that would make a lot of sense. Making this sort of mod (single faction, or single culture, and designed to fit in with the vanilla game) is a great way to start modding, because you can start small, with a few improvements, and build up the mod as you learn how to do more things.

I think one reason why there are so few mods like this is that people start out with much larger ambitions, and it takes a long time for them to get to a public release version (EB actually started out as just a barbarian mod!). I started with very modest ambitions - I just wanted to add a few units to the GCS - and so I was able to make my first public release within 12 hours of deciding to make the mod.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast