Thread: Idea to sort seige issue.

Default Idea to sort seige issue.

Hi all, got an idea for the seige issue, though im sure this has already been looked into.

Is it possible to edit the build points for seige equipment? If all equipment was reduced to a cost of, say, 1 point then the AI could seige & attack in one turn.

Would be less drastic than removing walls.

Is its possible or, as i suspect, are seige points hard-coded into the game?
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
    -Voltaire-

Cry Havoc and let slip the FERRETS OF WAR!

Default Re: Idea to sort seige issue.

How would it reduce the time to build siege equipment by making everything cost one build point?

However, perhaps if you reduced it to zero build points...

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

No matter how many points you have to spend, or how much they cost, they still require at least one turn to build

CHeers for the responses.

@ screwtype- fairpoint, that would be better :)

@ kekvitirae- just thinking about the seige display i fear your correct. hmm. do you think it would be useful to allow 1-turn seiges anyway? Going on the discussions at ludus magna perhaps it would reduce the critical save/reload time to a more playable number of turns.

I was hoping to find out if this is hard coded before going into the files themselves- Not having done much modding it would be good to know if its theoretically possible.
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
    -Voltaire-

Cry Havoc and let slip the FERRETS OF WAR!

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

I already looked into this option, but I didn't find any way to do this. Maybe some of our modding experts know more.

It's a good idea. It was raised on the modding forums back when the issue was first discovered, but we've had no joy in tracking down the data files for the buildable siege equipment. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't look, though.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Spindly Killer Fish Member ShellShock's Avatar

Another suggestion that has been implemented as a mod is to remove walls from the tech tree. So it is not possible to build walls to defend your settlement, and the AI can attack without having to siege.

I don't have a link for this; probably on twcenter.
    He does sit in gold, his eye red as 'twould burn Rome.

I think the idea is a good one, but I would expect more modding would be needed to get the AI to realize it has siege equipment it can use on the turn it lays siege.
    "If you demand CA or any company absorb the cost of a future patch, the upfront price rises or you buy a subscription for continuous service. The latter is not available.
    " - killemall54
    "An expansion should be a free standing new feature product, not a bug fixing enticement." - Old Celt