Thread: Looking for a reallistic campaign

Default Looking for a reallistic campaign

Hi, I'm looking for a campaign with a reallistic settings and names.
    I've tryed some of the campaigns on the downloads section of this site, but they are not so accurate.
    Does anyone know any other reallistic campaign?

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for a reallistic campaign

Hello KSEG. I'm not very familiar with the Shogun mods, but I do know that a lot of effort is going into the Sengoku Jidai mod for RTW (there's a subforum for it in the Total War Series section, under Hosted Mods). They've been focusing on keeping the mod historically accurate, and it looks very promising.

There is a nice mod for MTW/VI called Samurai Wars, which was developed by Barocca and is now being fine-tuned for online multiplayer (it's actually been in use for quite a while now; some of the vets are making stat adjustments and testing it online, etc.). You might want to check that out. There's a thread about it in the MTW multiplayer forums. There is a Single Player campaign for it in addition to MP.

If you don't have either RTW or MTW/VI then nothing I just said is a help for you . I hope you find something that meets your needs. Good luck, have fun.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Hello KSEG. If you were looking for a revised campaign for Shogun you could try my ShogunAmagiv1.7 campaigns from this site: 3ddownloads
    The starting regions are more accurate, and I tried to improve the campaign AI of the enemy clans. The unit sizes are altered to make the special units less powerful. Version 1.3 is on the main site, but the latest version still hasn't made it.

Quote Originally Posted by amagi
    Hello KSEG. If you were looking for a revised campaign for Shogun you could try my ShogunAmagiv1.7 campaigns from this site: 3ddownloads
    The starting regions are more accurate, and I tried to improve the campaign AI of the enemy clans. The unit sizes are altered to make the special units less powerful. Version 1.3 is on the main site, but the latest version still hasn't made it.
    Hi, I downloaded your campaign, and it looks pretty accurate, but why Imagawa/Tokugawa is holding Iga?
    Olso, do you know how to change the general's name?
    It really doesn't feel right and it breaks the atmosphere seeing Asakura Yoshikage and Hatano Hideharu as general for Oda and seeing mysterious "Mori Masamoto" as sun of Motonari.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Hi and welcome KSEG! please introduce yourself in the introductions topic in entrance hall, and you'll be a full member in no time!

another new shogun player, great that you've joined !
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

KSEG, I wanted to allocate another province to Imagawa for play balance reasons, to give the AI more options. Iga seemed to make sense: the ownership of the most secretive province in the game might be secret, so I decided that they controlled it with their agents, as a compromise.

The starting Daimyo can be changed using an editor from the files section, but I don't know how to change the names of the heirs and generals. If you can't find them on a text file they are likely to be hardcoded.