Thread: Senate office problems after modding.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Default Senate office problems after modding.

So I chose to mod the senatefile. I wanted the offices to work at different lengths and have more people actually getting them. So I set Questors and Aediles to 2 persons and 4 turns, Praetors 2 persons and 6 turns, Consuls 2 persons and 8 turns, Censor 1 person and 8 turns and the PM 1 persons and 10 turns.

The result is that there is basically elections for offices all the time, which I find extremely nice. Trouble is just that people who are elected to teh same office twice don't get the trait (neither the ex-office or the office itself). If they get it a third time they get it again. It is af if the game doesn't use the 'office'again traits but only the first ones, which of course would equate to a 'nothing' situation (trait is 1 point and ex-trait is -1 point more or less).
    I find that quite disturbing as I often sit with Questors and Aediles with no actual bonus from it.

I'm now wondering if perhaps I should change the length of the offices to fit each other better, such as 4-8-12, so that the elections coincide as much as possible.

[EDIT] Didn't work... The second tenures happen still, and they still result in no traits. I have even noticed another anomoly. When I fulfil a mission I don't always get the pop-up, but I still get the results (such as money or units, but if units I don't know what they are until I have searched).
    Last edited by Kraxis; 04-20-2005 at 01:15.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Default Re: Senate office problems after modding.

Code:
    Trigger QuaestorFirstTime
        WhenToTest BecomeQuaestor

Affects Quaestor  1  Chance  100
    That's the problem, I think (and likewise for all comparable ones). There should be a condition there saying "Trait NotQuaestor < 1" or something to that effect. Combined with the notQuaestor and QuaestorAgain triggers, your character wil get Quaestor 1 when he first gets office, NotQuaestor 1 when he loses it, then Quaestor 2 when he gets it again, no trait when he loses it again, Quaestor 3 when he gets it a third time, Quaestor 1 when he loses it a third time, Quaestor 4 when he gets it a fourth time, etc. This is fixed in CVP.

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Ahhh... That makes sense. Without the restriction the trait wil always be QuaestorFirstTime and not QuaestorAgain. So I was correct in my theory.

But what you say... Do I lose ExQuaestor after the second tenure? That can't be good.

Anyway, the problem only arose because the game chose to ignore the restriction of 1 sitting of Quaestor, Aedile and Praetor per man. But I guess this sort of fixes it well enough. Thanks.

CVP?

[EDIT]
    Aha... The Not'office' gives 2 points, while the 'office'Again gives 2 as well, so the trait should jump back and forth from 1 to -1. But of course only if the correct traits are used.
    I have noticed that there are no restrictions on any of the offices so apparently this is a problem for every office, not just the lower three?
    Last edited by Kraxis; 04-20-2005 at 04:10.

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    CVP?
    Cherry Vanilla Pack. Basically a fix mod for various oddities in the traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    I have noticed that there are no restrictions on any of the offices so apparently this is a problem for every office, not just the lower three?
    Should be, yes, if the mistake exists in all the triggers.

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Ah ok... No explaination for the non-popup for completed missions? Hopefully they were just flukes, but there were three of them after about five missions. Pretty fat chance there.