View Poll Results: non-photographic or also photographic

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • non-photographic (photos will be filtered first)

9 37.50%
  • also photographic

15 62.50%

Thread: Url Avatar photographic or not

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Url Avatar photographic or not

There seems to be some favour for a theme, but no clearity about what that's going to be. I think we have to take one step at a time here: allow photographic or require photos to be be made non-photographic by a psp filter. That will be poll 2.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Default Re: Url Avatar photographic or not

I think keep it to a portraits theme? So that includes photographic.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

That would be awesome, one big yes from me.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

What is meant with photographic? Portraits made by camera (don't think so) or pictures of a bunch of flowers (think so)?

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Photographic means like a realistic picture (of whatever) taken by a photocamera. Non-photographic means a drawing/painting/sketch (of whatever) or photo edited with photoshop or the like to look like a drawing/painting/sketch.

I've made these polls secret to hide the results. Don't worry, all votes will be stored and results made public after the poll is closed.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

I think photos should be fine. I would just prefer to avoid random pcitures of stuff. Such as random pictures of flowers, guns, shirts or other inanimate objects.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

I'd just like to make it clear in case there was any confusion that this is not a poll about whether or not we can have custom avatars - they are coming.

Nor it is a poll about whether there should be any thematic restrictions or guidelines to the avatars - that is still to come.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Custom avatars can also be photos.

We'll set up another to get more clearity about the theme. I think a good question is whether we desire (part) of human like creatures to be displayed or whether just objects are ok too. Other suggestions before the poll is created tonight (7 hours from now)?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

There were several people who felt there should be a theme, but also others who felt there shouldn't.

I think the first decision that has to be made is whether people want a thematic approach or not. And if they do, whether the thematic criteria should be restrictions (ie, an avatar that does not fulfil the criteria will be rejected) or guidelines (ie, avatars in line with the theme will be encouraged but those not in line will still be able to be used).

Perhaps something like this:

- I believe that custom avatars should follow an appropriate theme (exact criteria to be decided later) and that these thematic criteria should be mandatory.

- I believe that it should be encouraged that custom avatars should follow an appropriate theme, but that these criteria should be guidelines and custom avatars that would be otherwise acceptable should be allowed.

- I believe that there should be no theme requirements or guidance for custom avatars.

And it would be a good idea to remind people of the other mandatory requirements for custom avatars at the same time (eg, single image, certain max dimensions, nothing offensive, obscene, libellous, illegal etc.)
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Erm, what is going on with this idea? Not much seems to have been happening of late...

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    - I believe that custom avatars should follow an appropriate theme (exact criteria to be decided later) and that these thematic criteria should be mandatory.

- I believe that it should be encouraged that custom avatars should follow an appropriate theme, but that these criteria should be guidelines and custom avatars that would be otherwise acceptable should be allowed.

- I believe that there should be no theme requirements or guidance for custom avatars.

And it would be a good idea to remind people of the other mandatory requirements for custom avatars at the same time (eg, single image, certain max dimensions, nothing offensive, obscene, libellous, illegal etc.)
    Good idea.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Morat
    Erm, what is going on with this idea? Not much seems to have been happening of late...
    ^^^ Same question.

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Seing as this hasnt been answered for a month i would also like to hear the answer to whats happening with this. Is there going to be a final poll soon?