Thread: What good is a soldier with bad feet I asks ya?

Default What good is a soldier with bad feet I asks ya?

How do I go about fixing this. Happened for no good reason. I uninstalled and reinstalled. No mods currently active. Fresh slate. Doesn't matter what level of detail I put the settings for the units. What's goin on?

Default Re: What good is a soldier with bad feet I asks ya?

Could be just that you have "low unit detail" on. Check your options tab. If not, IIRC this was a bug (or maybe a feature?) introduced with 1.2 I think the solution was to enable unit shaders or something of the sort (also in options)

Hope this helps,

--Bob
    If cockroaches can survive nuclear fallout, then what's in a can of RAID?

It's not the low unit detail (that's what I meant by the level of detail settings for the units and whatnot), but I hadn't heard about the unit shaders. I shall try that out immediately and be back with a full report. Ten HUT!

Sweet. I changed the settings in the preferences text file (unit shaders from false to true) and voila. Thank you very much kind sir!... Bob... heh... not so terrible after all... heart of gold... *sniff*

lol pinlegs this craks me up! Its just so funny ! i wish this happend in my game ! lol !

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

It happened in my game and it can happen if there are too many soldiers on the battlefield at once..

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I've only seen that once, and it was when i was viewing one of my towns in battlefield mode. If you look at towns folk from a far enough distance, they have pin legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    I've only seen that once, and it was when i was viewing one of my towns in battlefield mode. If you look at towns folk from a far enough distance, they have pin legs.
    Do you mean when when you press "View this settlement in the battle screen" ? I didn't know you could see townsfolk wandering around? COOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    It's not the low unit detail (that's what I meant by the level of detail settings for the units and whatnot), but I hadn't heard about the unit shaders. I shall try that out immediately and be back with a full report. Ten HUT!
    Whoops, I didn't even see that part of the post. I think my eyes just glazed right over it, my mistake.

Glad I could be of assistance!
    If cockroaches can survive nuclear fallout, then what's in a can of RAID?

Do you mean when when you press "View this settlement in the battle screen" ? I didn't know you could see townsfolk wandering around?
    Yup, that's the button. Cool, eh?
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

I know, but I never remember seeing my subjects wandering around the streets aimlessly. Any hotspots for civilian action lol? Maybe the centre square??

Psst... there's a brothel... run by Amelius... corner of Roma and Cartho... you didn't hear it from me...

*scurries off*

What about a bad soldier with good feet?

Seriously now, this is a graphical glitch caused by a combination of certain 3D cards & drivers with the stencil/pixel (whatever) shader option enabled in the game. Disable the shaders and everyone's feet and limbs return to normal.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

know, but I never remember seeing my subjects wandering around the streets aimlessly. Any hotspots for civilian action lol? Maybe the centre square??
    They are everywhere. The more people in a town, the more people who will wander about.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

well, it is not that funny with soldiers. but wait till you see the eles with that feets. you see a huge beast with pointy legs

We do not sow.

Have you seen the man that controls the Yubtseb elephants and how he sits on it (even with decent graphics this loooks odd)? Lol. And how horsemen sit on their horses (just for the crap graphics)? Lol.

I don't think it happens with the beasts and such. I've only seen it with Hastati and Triarii. There might be more units but I got too annoyed to keep playing. Now that everything is fixed though, I'm back on track to conquering the world... again... *yawn*