Thread: Help

Default Help

hey guys i really need to know how to change the geometry of units and helmets, shields,clothes, please someone ,

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Default Re: Help

You use 3ds-max, do you have it?
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link

ive got it but just a trial that's about to expire, ive got paint shop pro and photoshop to, can i download the max 3ds anywhere for free?

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Here is the site, including a link to a 30 trial version: 3ds-max site You can't get the real program for free (legally).

Then you also need to have the .cas plugin: You can get it here:

Beyond that I can't help you, since I have never used 3ds-max, but good luck!
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link

ive got all that and i'm able to edit the texture myself but max is kinda tough.

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaya
    max is kinda tough.
    Understatement of the year Well we all know there are ways to get 3ds MAX but we don't talk about them here. If you have got it (full version) then start by looking in the tutorial section. Have a look at the getting started tutorials. For modelling units for RTW it is fairly basic in 3ds MAX terms because you are using a tiny percentage of the features. After reading a few tuts edit a couple of units or weapons to get the hang of things before doing a real unit. After that look at some of the more specific advanced tutorials, then if you have any specific questions ask them in this forum.

Hope this helps you along your way

Sundjata Keita

well, then please tell me where u can tell me how to get it cause i really don't have the money for it

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Not on these forums sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Posts containing addresses of warez sites or anything piracy-related; note that this includes "hacks" designed to enable Shogun: Total War or Medieval: Total War to run without a CD. The administration is aware of the fact that some use a "no-CD hack" for the perfectly legal purpose of enchancing their system performance, but we feel that the possible illegal benefits from these hacks outweight the legal ones. Anything pertaining to software piracy is in general highly discouraged.
    If you must discuss this, do it elsewhere pls