Thread: Request for A STW Campaign Map

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Request for A STW Campaign Map

Does anyone have or know where to find a map of Japan, broken down into the provinces of the Sengoku Jidai period, that could be used for the development of an online campaign? Is the map used in the actual Shogun game accessible, with the province boundaries visible but without any of the buildings, etc.? Any information leading to obtaining a map that could be used as the visual foundation for an online campaign would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Smile Re: Request for A STW Campaign Map

Hey there mate, here you go:-

- http://www.samurai-archives.com/map.html - this one is tha provinces of Old Japan. All of tha provinces names are written inside there.

- http://www.samurai-archives.com/1525.html - while this one is tha same map but it shows all clans that ruled their own provinces starting tha Sengoku Jidai period. I thought I might just add this up to let you know tha provinces which is controlled by each Clans, just incase if you need this though.

These maps might be for resources and ideas, hope it help you for what you have requested.
    Last edited by tool Dude; 04-23-2005 at 09:34.

Default Re: Request for A STW Campaign Map

Right on m8, thanks for the links . I'm off to check them out now.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

If you want a period map, head on over to http://www.davidrumsey.com/. The Java client is the best, but the Insight Browser works just fine (it's just a popup in your web browser). All the maps there are from after 1750 and from a European/Western perspective, unfortunately, but some of them give a very nice "classic" feel.
    "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity...
    ... the product of screwing being newborn virgins and the product of pacification wars being peace."

DON'T LET ME LIE TO YOU!!!

http://www.davidrumsey.com/japan/
    ... the product of screwing being newborn virgins and the product of pacification wars being peace."

Talking Re: Request for A STW Campaign Map

Nice link Irinami, you are definitely not lying to me here... Good resources, very nice...thanx a lot for sharing.

Toga, are you sure tha maps that i've given to you cannot work? if cannot, go here - http://www.samurai-archives.com/maphome.html - and btw, I think you can just forget bout it and check Irinami's link...quite a lot of maps though...a lottttt. More than enough.

I get the standard "Page cannot be displayed" message when I click on either of Irinami's links. Haven't the faintest ideat why if you can access the site via them. Oh well.

Yes I like the map from Samurai Archives. I've seen that one before actually. It is more accurate than the map in the game, but smaller. My intent is to find or make a map that I can use as a basis for an online campaign. What I did last night was make one of Eastern Japan by combining screenshots from the game map (so I could get one without castles and units/armies on it etc.). I just drew in the boundaries using paint. It looks ok. Still trying to form a cohesive vision of how I might go about the whole project, so it's still early in the process. It may be more work than I'm willing to invest at this point, but we'll see.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Hmm, maybe if I link you straight to the web-browser interface.

Japanese Historical Maps