Thread: wot do you look for in a clan site

Ive started A CLAN and got a basic site goin www.geocities.com/chowsu1/DragonCREW.html

But i was wondering wot you guys look for in a site that would make you join the clan, or make the clan stand out.

Thjanks for your effort

------------------
    Leogolas of DragonCREW
    NightRider of DragonCREW *Time ends all things*

DragonCREW

Hatamoto, Clan Shinkage Senior Member ShinKamiizumi's Avatar

It wasn't until I had joined a clan that I began to look at clan websites but I soon became addicted to browsing everyone's sites to see who had the coolest stuff. This is only my opinion and what I try and put into my site.

1) Is it pleasing to the eye? Can your readers browse without eyestrain or a neon induced migraine?

2) Can I find my way around the site easily? Is the interface user friendly?

3) Is the content interesting? Original?Useful? How often is it updated?

That's the basic stuff. Once you've made the basic layout of the site and have it presentable, then you can tweak and experiment all you like as long as it is accessible and free of dead links.

There was a good thread in here at one time about clansites but I cant seem to find it

Anyway, good luck to you. BTW, I like the color scheme of your site so far.

------------------
    May the Ryu be with you...Kamii
    Clan Shinkage
    A foolish passing thought makes one an ordinary man, while an enlightened second thought makes one a Buddha.

ShinKamiizumi is right. Try having those things in mind when making a website and be original mate.

------------------
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Take a look at some other sites to see what you like...and also what you don't like in them. And be creative.

And Kami is right...it has to be user friendly and "nice" to the eye.

GL!

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

Krast not need pretty pictures.

Krast wants to see meaningful communication.

Everything else is secondary.

Gah!

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

In my opinion, an important aspect is regular updates.

There is nothing worse than going to a site and it say last update 1/1/1999.

If a site is not updated whats the point in it been there, it just shows that the clan is not an active one.
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Cheers for the info ill try and stick as close to what you lot have said.

Nice sites ShinKamiizumi and TheForce how long did your sites take to get like that.

PS. has anyone got any ideas on, how to create a members page.

------------------
    Leogolas of DragonCREW

[This message has been edited by Legolas (edited 10-02-2002).]

DragonCREW

fearfulways.com might give you some ideas.. if you need any help just ask... id be happy to share most of my graphics and stuff.

one thing that matters alot to me is load time. im on a 56k and its a real pain sitting and waiting... use preloaders on anything that is larger than 30-50kb.

sound is proven to keep visitors entertained. the average person browsing the web is something like 10 times more likley to return to a sight if it has sound. always remember to use mono. it sounds almost as good as stereo and is half the file size.

if your serious about maintaing your website and your clan is sucessful you might consider using an ad-free host.... not a single person i know likes pop up's . my clans forum was averaging around 100 hits per day for the past 6 months... but recently our adfree memebrship ran out.. there is now around 10 hits per day, however the ad free fearsite has used close to 20 gigs of bandwith in the past week (due to campaign map) ...so ads make a ton of difference.

gl with website and clan!!

------------------
    do you have a comment to make, a question to ask, or a concern about a current fearful ways member? plz feel free to stop by
    Fearful Ways - The Mori Family

Thanks CaPeFeAr for the encouragement and use of your graphics im in the early stages so things can only get better just getting the basics sorted.

your site is eyecatching and very good i hope to get my site as good as yours or even better.

PS were can i get some medieval music files from.

Thanks

------------------
    Leogolas of DragonCREW

[This message has been edited by Legolas (edited 10-04-2002).]

DragonCREW

best way to find them is to search your mtw directory for .wav files and .mp3 files. these are the only 2 sound formats the game uses and a quick search will list them all together... there are over 2000 differnt songs and sounds in the mtw folder.