Thread: Imperial Palace / MR bug

Default Imperial Palace / MR bug

Any solutions to the bug that triggers when you build the Imperial Palace for the first time (eg turn ends, AI goes through its paces, then when your turn starts you crash to desktop)?

There's no way to avoid this bug unless I don't build the Imperial Palace... which is a completely unacceptable solution.

Default Re: Imperial Palace / MR bug

Have you mucked around with any game files? I had acedentally put a 1.1 file into the 1.2 game after I patched and exactly what you are describing was happening to me.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Nope. Clean install + patch.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

try to refresh your files. i had also a roblem with my files due that i couldn't start new campaigns. after i refreshed the files it worked again

We do not sow.

SO I guess this is another "feature' that will be removed if I buy an expansion pack? This has been a bug since 1.0.

I don't think it's a bug, it's your install of the game. Your best bet is probably to re-install the game and patch from 1.0 to 1.2.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

This IS a clean install.

i don't think you understand. what we're saying is that something could, and has, gone wrong with your "clean" install. Heck, this is a common problem, since we've all experienced it at one point or another with OTHER games and programs. I'm betting dollars to donuts it something to do with your patch download being buggered up
    Last edited by MajorFreak; 04-28-2005 at 08:09.

I don't know why I decided to humor you but I did.

No, a clean install didn't solve it.

I know what will solve it - I have to buy an expansion pack, right?

It's doubtful the expansion pack will help you. The problem, you see, is that no one else is reporting your particular bug. So it's unlikely to get any attention. Considering that everyone else seems to be able to build the Imperial Palace without having the game crash, it's likely something specific to your computer's configuration. You might try the Apothecary forum, and see if they can offer some help.

Bh