Thread: Did you tape Genghis Kahn?

Revolting Peasant Member marcusbrutus's Avatar

Default Did you tape Genghis Kahn?

BBC1 9.14 pm an unsuspecting Englishman has trusted his VCR to record Genghis Kahn while he's off playing the weekly game of 5-a-side - I'M A FOOL! The damn thing switched off . Now I'm sending out a heart felt appeal - if anyone managed to tape it please send it to me!

Or at least, if you did watch it and it wasn't up to much let me know so I can forget about the whole sorry incident.
    "Semper in Mira. Solum Profundum Variat."
    - Geoff Lee, One Spring (2002)

"Game graphics are like bikinis - it's not about what you show, it's about what you leave to the imagination."
    marcusbrutus

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Re: Did you tape Genghis Kahn?

Hmm, I can (kind of) relate to what you're going through. I don't have any fancy channels like Discovery or History, which I would love to have.

The problem is this; when we bought our house, the cable was one when we arrived (the most basic service, no fancy channels). And according to our friends who rented the house before us, it was on when they arrived and they never saw a bill for two years. So, we get free cable. Saves us about $30 a month.

But if I subscribe to get the fancy channels, then, obviously, we're going to have to pay for it and my sweetie doesn't see that it's worth it to blow $360 a year in free TV in order for me to see my military history stuff on the fancy channels. So I'm denied all my military history shows, documentaries and airplane shows. "Waaaahhhhhh!!!!"

* In case you're wondering if I feel guilty for "stealing" cable, the answer is an unequivocal NO! I'd feel guiltier slapping a politician.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Its worth the money for the History International channel Beirut, thats where you find the real interesting stuff.. or does canada have its own history channel?

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Its worth the money for the History International channel Beirut, thats where you find the real interesting stuff.. or does canada have its own history channel?
    I think we get the same one but we have more Canadian content in ours. Which is fine with me.

I miss my Wings and Planes of Fame episodes.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

* In case you're wondering if I feel guilty for "stealing" cable, the answer is an unequivocal NO! I'd feel guiltier slapping a politician.
    LOL. Rupert Murdoch could be down to his last four billion thanks to you.

If your history channels are anything like ours you aren't missing much. Three hours a night of documentaries on obscure weapons/units of WWII is about 2 hours 45 minutes more than anyone needs IMHO. ("Coming up after "The Very Pistol-a retrospective", an exciting history of the 4/23rd Catering Regiment, "Sausages at war"...")
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Quote Originally Posted by marcusbrutus
    BBC1 9.14 pm an unsuspecting Englishman has trusted his VCR to record Genghis Kahn while he's off playing the weekly game of 5-a-side - I'M A FOOL! The damn thing switched off . Now I'm sending out a heart felt appeal - if anyone managed to tape it please send it to me!

Or at least, if you did watch it and it wasn't up to much let me know so I can forget about the whole sorry incident.

i did tape it and seeings as i live in standish [nr,wigan ] i could hand it to you .

Revolting Peasant Member marcusbrutus's Avatar

That would be great, it's a small world after all! The power of the org's forums at work.
    "Semper in Mira. Solum Profundum Variat."
    - Geoff Lee, One Spring (2002)

"Game graphics are like bikinis - it's not about what you show, it's about what you leave to the imagination."
    marcusbrutus

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I was watching CSI on Living (Sky: 112) and only watched the Genghis Khan show during the breaks. It looked quite good, especially the part where they were attacking the Chinese city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Beirut you can download any history chanel show on your computer, and I don't think that's very illigal(in Canada anyways). Just use e-donkey.