Thread: Playing MTW and RTW on laptop

Guardian of Scotland Member Sir William Wallace's Avatar

Exclamation Playing MTW and RTW on laptop

ok i know i wrote a thread like this a while back,,, and i cant find it now,,, but since then , well as of today, i just got a brand new laptop a Dell Latitude 100L,,,it says it can play games and can connect to the internet and play games agaisnt other people,, it says nothing about a video card,, all the specs it gives in the manual for video are:
    direct AGP integrated graphics
    integrated direct AGP
    Intel UMA integrated
    1 MB with intel DVMT up to 32MB with (128 MB of system memory) or 64 MB (with 256 MB or more system memory
    SPWG-B LCD interface
    if anyone can tell me if they think MTW or RTW will work on this laptop please let me know,, i really want to play it on there, but i dont want to install it and not have it work,,, if u need anymore info on the computer let me know and i will give it,, any input is greatyl appreciated
    thanks
    Last edited by Sir William Wallace; 04-28-2005 at 14:33.
    Formerly Maximus Aurelius

Default Re: Playing MTW and RTW on laptop

Unless your screen can handle then it maybe ok but like the saying goes there is no harm in trying.

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

Should work with MTW unless your screen is too slow (I don't think so) I don't know rtw that well but may work, too.
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

One word of warning about using a laptop... the graphics in MTW, especially battles, really drain the battery on my D800. Don't expect to play for more than an hour or so per battery.

By the way, check your resolution setting/aspect ratio. If it's not standard CRT dimensions, that might be causing you trouble.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

I have both installed on my Dell lap top. The battery doesn't last so I plug in before playing.

ok well i know on my toshiba satellite, i could only play historical battles and just plain me vs the computer battles,, the campaign would always crash to my desktop and rtw wouldnt even install,,, so i gave up on that one, i messed with the settings too, to no avail, ,, this new laptop i won in a contest and its really nice,, what should i look for when you guys say that my screen has to be the right speed? oh and i only intend to play it while its plugged in , not even gunna try with the battery.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Hey man.... I have a Dell laptop(Inspiron 5150) but I haven't installed them because I don't have a mouse....But you're free to try because I doesn't do any harm!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

well i did it and it works great, i am playing without a mouse actually,, however its pretty hard to set formations before the battle, so i just leave that be.. but anyway its working good, just a little on the slow side when loading is all,, good things come to he who waits