Thread: Man U

Default Man U

Looks like Man U are doomed ...a yankee has taken control...

Hehe
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Default Re: Man U

Just who is Man U?

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Manchester United, methinks...

Damn British...

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

*Points and laughes at Man U*

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I never liked them anyway. Completely over-rated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Well, if you profit from taking a football club to the capital market you better learn to live with the downside of such a step.

Personally, I never considered the IPO of football clubs to be a good thing for the sport - but perhaps I am a bit old-fashioned when it come to sports...

Man U going down the pan, Man U going down the pan, ahahah, ahahah, AHAHAHAHAH!

GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Floating through the net... Member King Edward's Avatar
    Guernsey, A small sea weed covered rock in the English Channel

Long Live Roman Abramovic!!!!
    Chelsea - Simply Champions!

RTK4Flintoff in multi-player

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

ho ho ho. Maybe he will move them to the south coast, should make getting to home games a lot easier for the fans?
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

News just in....Mr. Glazier is renaming 'em the Red Devil Rowdies

ho ho ho. Maybe he will move them to the south coast, should make getting to home games a lot easier for the fans?
    Well they're not even in Manchester ....wrong side of the river, which puts them in Salford.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Why does this destoy Man U? it's just a new owner! If they have all the rest of the people the same, almost nothing changes, does it?

don't really like Man U, prefer arsenal and liverpool, if i have to chose an english club.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

As I recall, he's borrowing the money to buy Man.Utd.

And he will transfer that debt to Man.Utd too, which probably means higher ticket prices & similar.

Just check BBC Sports to get updated.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    Looks like Man U are doomed ...a yankee has taken control...

Hehe
    That should be "Yank". Calling an American a yankee is akin to calling a Brit an Englishman, even if he's Welsh, etc. Small difference, but the locals make it a point.

On topic: this is the same guy who owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a Yank football team. Look out for gaudier-colored uniforms, higher ticket prices, cheerleaders...oh, and he'll probably want you to build him a new stadium at taxpayer expense.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    That should be "Yank". Calling an American a yankee is akin to calling a Brit an Englishman, even if he's Welsh, etc. Small difference, but the locals make it a point.

On topic: this is the same guy who owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a Yank football team. Look out for gaudier-colored uniforms, higher ticket prices, cheerleaders...oh, and he'll probably want you to build him a new stadium at taxpayer expense.
    Yup. It's bad!!

Soccernet article that describes the situation well
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

I apologize for my ignorance....

Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    lol, that's clever. But sadly true at the same time...
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    I apologize for my ignorance....
    No need to apologize, it's just you have a different definition for Yankee than we do, and I think we all could be a little less think-skinned.

To everyone outside of the US, including Canada, Yank(ee) = resident of US, but to us, Yankees are those who reside in those states that fought for the Union. Which is funny, cause we don't go around calling southerners Rebs (which was what they were called at the time).

If Glazier is the guy who owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and I think he is, Man U isn't in that much trouble. He does do a lot of glitzy stuff, like a pirate ship in their home stadium, but all in all, he's good for the team. Negotiates well w/ coaches & players and gets reasonable deals and tries to keep talent year to year.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

All this Glazier person cares about is making money. That's why he's bought the club. Hopefully something bad will happen, and he'll decide to pack his bags and bugger off back to America.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Soon enough you'll be watching the Manchester Marine(er)s or something like that... just to make it match with the Buccaneers, and with the American way of life

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Pirate ship, cheerleaders - maybe football will be worth watching now and then...
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott