Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: need advice about gals

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Default need advice about gals

Ok, I'm being honest here, and looking for help.
    I.e. flame me and die.

Anyway, there is this girl I know. She's smart, nice, cute (in the adorable not the *sharp whistle* way), beutiful, and cool. To make it better, she is one of the few people to see me for what I really am and not to judge me on first impressions (I tend to put of the impression of an insensative prick). And ya know, I'm pretty sure she likes me, almost definatly as a friend anyway.

Now, I'm planning on asking her out next week, right, but I am at a total loß. [thats loss], I had one GF before, and that was set up by a buddy of mine and lasted a grand total of 10 minutes before I dumped her. I won't go over the whole story, so what I'm asking is, how should I go about doing this?

Thanks for the support guys, it means alot to me.
    -Kaiser

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Default Re: need advice about gals

who dares wins - ask her out!

yeah but I need a battle plan. I need people to guard the flanks while I go in for the kill...oh s#it, I'm doing a military analogy again. Feck....
    Anyway how would I go about asking her? Ask her to come with me to like a movie or for a bite to eat or just go head over tits and just ask her if shell go out with me?

Why do you hate Freedom?

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Fire an arrow at her with a love note from you attached to it. It can't fail.

For an enhanced effect, dress up as a cherub.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    Fire an arrow at her with a love note from you attached to it. It can't fail.

For an enhanced effect, dress up as a cherub.
    I don't own a bow.
    lol but that is creative. thanks. i may try somthing similar (but the cherub is right out)

Why do you hate Freedom?

military philosophy and thinking can be used in every aspect of life, I use it all the time

ask her out to the cinema, then somewhere to eat and take it from there

Its irritating when you tell your friends to get on your left flank and someone to take up the vanguard as you get the pizza.

Why do you hate Freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser of Arabia
    Its irritating when you tell your friends to get on your left flank and someone to take up the vanguard as you get the pizza.
    lol

sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do things you're not comfortable doing.

i think that you Capo do not really need advice on what to do. you know what to do. but you're just nervous about it so you came here looking for some ways to possibly cushion your nervousness. but there are no solid ways to do that, unfortunately.

there is only one proper thing to do with your nervousness: confront it face to face, and then crush it's head with your iron fist.

"take the bull by the horns" and all that. you know the cliche. it works.

what you need to do is: just go right up to her, tell her why you like her, and say you'd very much like to go out with her ,if that's ok with her. have a specific day in mind. and have some back up days in mind too, in case she says she's busy on the first day you offer. you want a specific answer if she'll go out with you or not. don't accept any "maybes" or "i'll think about it" from her. if she says that, it just means no. so might as well be sure to get a direct "no" if that's how she feels. if she rejects all of your back up days, then ask her to name the specific day that would be convenient for her.
    Last edited by Navaros; 04-28-2005 at 00:01.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight
    military philosophy and thinking can be used in every aspect of life, I use it all the time

Wisdom.

Read your Sun-Tzu Grasshopper. "When in disorder - feign order." And believe me, when you're dealing with chicks, disorder is rampant!

At the same time as you are asking her out, appear interested but not anxious. Almost as if you had a second date ready in case she says no.

If she says no, smile and just say, "Ok, but I hope you don't mind if I ask you again." Turn around, walk away and don't go anywhere near her for at least a week. Next time you see her, don't ask. Just smile, say hi, and leave like you have something to do. The next time you see her, gauge her reaction to you and decide if it feels right to ask again. Don't rush it!

If she says no again, smile, say something like "Too bad, I was looking forward to it. Oh well, take care." and walk away. Smile a warm friendly "too bad for you baby 'cause I'm fabulous" smile. Again, make a point of not seeing her again for at least another week. Never make her feel cornered or stalked. On the contrary, make her feel like she's standing in the middle of a field with no one around her. Ask her fifty times if you want to, but never make her feel harassed or followed. If you act desperate, you will be killed by the cruelty of a woman's cold heart.

Remember, chicks love confident men. Not arrogant really, but confident.

Good luck Grasshopper.

*Oh ya, and if you score with my advice, you have to make her call you Beirut on your first erotic adventure.
    Last edited by Beirut; 04-28-2005 at 00:14.
    Unto each good man a good dog

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Ask her out to a movie both of you would like to go to.

Be nice and show interest in her.

Don't bring up TW first... and even if she asks about your hobbies try and show the intellectual not bloodthirsty side...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

LOL dude I'm catholic she's catholic (i think) and her dad's in the navy erotic experiences = death and hell for me
    but thanks for the advice Beirut and Navaros, it means alot to me/

Why do you hate Freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    Ask her out to a movie both of you would like to go to.

Be nice and show interest in her.

Don't bring up TW first... and even if she asks about your hobbies try and show the intellectual not bloodthirsty side...
    that's a good idea, I gotta find out what movie she wants to go to get the cash to pay for her and feed her get a ride there but it may work.

And I wasn't planning to bring up my bloodthirsty side (though she is in my hist class so yeah. I kinda laughed through teh Soweho massacre scene in a movie yeah i got funny looks)

Why do you hate Freedom?

Ok guys here's the battle plan.

On [next day she stays afterschool that i know of] afterschool at approx 1500 hours me and two other units approach said female. They will already be accompanied by her and will be guarding her flanks while I approach them for a friendly conversation. As I approach, I notice her, and through a system of inconspicuous motions order them to take the vanguard, while I approach the target female, I will approach from the front, try to get at an even level with her (she's 4'10" and I'm 5'11") without looking awkward. At that moment in time I shall begin to converse with her, while I inconspicuously order my friends to withdraw to another hallway. At that point, I shall ask her if there are any good movies that she knows of that are out/coming out, and when she says yes (if she does, if not see backup plan) sound interested in that movie and ask her if she will accompany myself to that movie on saturday or sunday. If I receive a postive response thank her and continue to converse with her, while inviting my friends back into the conversation. If she says no, go meet my friends in the hallway, after bidding her goodbye, and continue to move down to nearest pizza place to eat away my sorrows.
    *Backup plan: if there are no movies, ask her if on saturday she would like to grab a bite to eat with a few of my friends (who will attempt to bring their latest catches). After that, approach her slowly and tell her the way I feel about her. If a positive response is given, rejoice with freinds later. If negative, return to pizza place to get more food.

Any flaws?

Why do you hate Freedom?

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Ok there's no battleplan my friend. It has to be opportunistic or else it's gonna end up forced for sure. Trust about that. Also make it really short. Be like "you wanna do something later today?" Something of the sort.

Ok I'll ask this at the risk of getting flamed to death but I don't mean badly: Is she fat also?

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Ok there's no battleplan my friend. It has to be opportunistic or else it's gonna end up forced for sure. Trust about that. Also make it really short. Be like "you wanna do something later today?" Something of the sort.

Ok I'll ask this at the risk of getting flamed to death but I don't mean badly: Is she fat also?
    she weighs like 80lbs dude.

Why do you hate Freedom?

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

she weighs like 80lbs dude.
    The you have nothing to fear.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    If she says no, smile and just say, "Ok, but I hope you don't mind if I ask you again." Turn around, walk away and don't go anywhere near her for at least a week. Next time you see her, don't ask. Just smile, say hi, and leave like you have something to do. The next time you see her, gauge her reaction to you and decide if it feels right to ask again. Don't rush it!

If she says no again, smile, say something like "Too bad, I was looking forward to it. Oh well, take care." and walk away. Smile a warm friendly "too bad for you baby 'cause I'm fabulous" smile. Again, make a point of not seeing her again for at least another week. Never make her feel cornered or stalked. On the contrary, make her feel like she's standing in the middle of a field with no one around her. Ask her fifty times if you want to, but never make her feel harassed or followed. If you act desperate, you will be killed by the cruelty of a woman's cold heart.
    What is this shit about warm smiles and tricks and plan B and C and what have you? Sjeesj Beirut, you sound like a girl.

Just be straight with her, Kaiser, she's gonna know who you are anyway if the two of you get close. Go somewhere fun, nothing high-brow, so you can concentrate on each other. And give your friends a night off. In love, there are no helpers, no gloves, no towels to protect you. Who said life is fair? Good luck!!
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianII
    What is this shit about warm smiles and tricks and plan B and C and what have you? Sjeesj Beirut, you sound like a girl.
    What's the matter with you? Wake up on the wrong side of the Netherlands this morning? Yeesh.

Believe me Kaiser, there is merit to having a plan, or at least a somewhat premeditated outlook on these matters. I haven't had that many girlfriends compared to others, but the ones I did have were all first class. Never had a bush pig or a heifer in my life. They were all either very pretty, very intelligent, or both. Hell, one was halfway through her PhD and had this luscious body... sigh I got 'er.

Affairs of the heart demand great care and introspection. Why go into a situation that risks weeks if not months of a broken heart without a plan? You wouldn't buy a new TV without a plan so why would you risk your vital organs and emotional well being without one?

The point of having things in order means you lessen the risk and heighten the gain while at least attempting to control the circumstances. There is so much in the situation that will surprise you no matter what you do, so why not be prepared. That doesn't mean don't be spontaneous. A plan is merely a common base for changes.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Women are evil - beware! STAY CLEAR!!!!!

Evil, evil women!!!!!
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    The point of having things in order means you lessen the risk and heighten the gain while at least attempting to control the circumstances.
    That's exactly what every girl tries to do! LOL! No offense, Beirut, you can take a few pinpricks in your ego, right? Look, we males are the romantic party, we bring the passion, we're the ones who believe in love and allow ourselves to be blinded by it, and to hell with the consequences. Once you're dead, you can avoid any risk you want...
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Women are evil - beware! STAY CLEAR!!!!!

Evil, evil women!!!!!
    Aye, and don't we love it!

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    The you have nothing to fear.
    Really?

Only if your testicales haven't descended.

Otherwise you are vulnerable.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Just fricking talk to her. I'd assume you are still in school right? Talk to her about sports if she does any, is she in band or any types of school clubs? Those are good openers, after that it should really be up to you because you do not want to copy what someone else says.

We actually do talk once and a while. We're in the same History (honors w00t) class (she has a 100, I have a 93 cause I don't do half the homework), and we're both in the debate team. She was one of the newest editions and after she kicked all aß in the lower house in the 3 house student congress ( i was the only freshmen in the upper house and I actually didnt do bad w00t), I was like "You did good, I'm proud to have you on our debate team" (yesterday the comp was last thurs) and she was happy so I was happy. anyway im rambling on right now so I'll just leave the advising in your gents capable hands.

btw shes also in Chorus and Madringals (I may join them next year just to ya know, be like, yeah. Plus I aint that bad of a singer)

Why do you hate Freedom?

Ok guys here's the battle plan.

On [next day she stays afterschool that i know of] afterschool at approx 1500 hours me and two other units approach said female. They will already be accompanied by her and will be guarding her flanks while I approach them for a friendly conversation. As I approach, I notice her, and through a system of inconspicuous motions order them to take the vanguard, while I approach the target female, I will approach from the front, try to get at an even level with her (she's 4'10" and I'm 5'11") without looking awkward. At that moment in time I shall begin to converse with her, while I inconspicuously order my friends to withdraw to another hallway. At that point, I shall ask her if there are any good movies that she knows of that are out/coming out, and when she says yes (if she does, if not see backup plan) sound interested in that movie and ask her if she will accompany myself to that movie on saturday or sunday. If I receive a postive response thank her and continue to converse with her, while inviting my friends back into the conversation. If she says no, go meet my friends in the hallway, after bidding her goodbye, and continue to move down to nearest pizza place to eat away my sorrows.
    *Backup plan: if there are no movies, ask her if on saturday she would like to grab a bite to eat with a few of my friends (who will attempt to bring their latest catches). After that, approach her slowly and tell her the way I feel about her. If a positive response is given, rejoice with freinds later. If negative, return to pizza place to get more food.

Any flaws?
    Don't get too hung up on one (or two) plans though.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Ok, I'm being honest here, and looking for help.
    I.e. flame me and die.

Anyway, there is this girl I know. She's smart, nice, cute (in the adorable not the *sharp whistle* way), beutiful, and cool. To make it better, she is one of the few people to see me for what I really am and not to judge me on first impressions (I tend to put of the impression of an insensative prick). And ya know, I'm pretty sure she likes me, almost definatly as a friend anyway.

Now, I'm planning on asking her out next week, right, but I am at a total loß. [thats loss], I had one GF before, and that was set up by a buddy of mine and lasted a grand total of 10 minutes before I dumped her. I won't go over the whole story, so what I'm asking is, how should I go about doing this?

Thanks for the support guys, it means alot to me.
    -Kaiser
    Kapo if you are a healthy young individual you couldn't care less about smart, cute and all these things that are supposed to be important. You want to get laid, and couldn't care less if it was her sister or even her mother. Be a jerk, They love that. When you finally say something nice she will think that all that jerkiness is just a facade and that you are in fact a caring person. Ha! A certain level of cynism is critical if you want to play.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

my post was a totally hate filled rant agaisnt women - so i deleted it
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-28-2005 at 13:44.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Floating through the net... Member King Edward's Avatar
    Guernsey, A small sea weed covered rock in the English Channel

My method was to get drunk and dribble on her shoulder all night, and that was over 4 years ago!

Seriously though I never even asked my girlfriend out, we met at a friends party, got chatting, met again, i took her to lunch, few days later went to see a film, next week dinner, before i knew it we were spending every day together, and then after a few months we were spending every night together. Sometimes things that are ment to be just happen!

But I'm Just Lucky and Happy!
    Chelsea - Simply Champions!

RTK4Flintoff in multi-player

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast