Poll: What is the #1 contributing factor that leads to Muslim terrorism?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The #1 Contributing Factor That Leads To Muslim Terrorism?

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: What Is The #1 Contributing Factor That Leads To Muslim Terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Well put, but I don't think anyone here truly just hates Muslims. They're the 'flavor of the month' for lunatic religions right now. Sure, you can find lone homicidal Christians and so on, but there isn't institutionalized terorrism coming out of any other religion but Islam.

I agree every religion has it's share of rotten apples, but right now Islam could use a period of 'enlightenment' more than anybody. Look how long it took for any formal denunciation of 9/11 from any prominent Muslim leader.
    Timothy McVeigh just spontaneously got up and blew up a building without any religious influence?

The Catholic IRA are a terrorist organisation which seems to escape excommunication.

The KKK do hate crimes and call themselves Christians while prancing around burning crosses wearing pillow cases on their heads.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Gawain, and you say Jag's stuff is biased!
    How about a real historian's anyalisis that obviously doesn't hate Muslims? Who is this guy?
    Besides, everything has to be taken in historical context. It was normal for people of all religions to take female captives, and to execute their captives, etc. It would be like humans centuries from now, when they live in a utopian, paridise of peace, looking back on Bush's ordering the war in Iraq which killed innocents and condeming all Americans as being barbaric.
    And what about Abraham? What sort of person would willingly kill his son? The Bible is hardly very peaceful. Jesus was the exception, not the rule to Christian's leaders in his peaceful message.

Also, that author seemed to forget how tolerant Muslims were of other religions during many times in their history, especially Jews. Far more so than most Christian nations of that time. And of course that Islam spread far more advanced philosphy and medicine and culture through out the world, including the West...

And Gawain, to me, they are practically the same. They all stem from Judiasm, and the Koran incorprates a lot of the same stuff. They all believe in one God, and both Muslims and Christians view Jesus as an important person (admidetly they don't give him the same rank, but still). Compared to some of the other religions of the world, they are very similar. It's just different takes on essentially the same dogma.

edit: Pape, the whole thing when their in Egypt, and God comes and gives plague and kills a whole bunch of people is what I think he's talking about.
    Last edited by Steppe Merc; 04-30-2005 at 00:11.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Hmm ... I am not quite sure if a comparison of Jesus and Mohammed is really valid as Jesus (according to Christian beliefs) is the son of God while Mohammed is a Prophet.
    Only too Christains. Muslims are taught he is merely a prohpet and both are the founders of their religions and these religions are based on what they did and said. The comparison is totally valid.

True - but as those who claim that Islam is a violent religion tend to freely pick their "favourite" sections of the Qu'ran - why shouldn't people who chose to bash Christianity claim the same right?
    You dont need the Qu'ran. Just look at how the religion was startded and the actions of those who started it. One is a religion based on peace the other on war. One by a pacifist the other by a general and murderer. One who would rather die than hurt another the other to kill those who oppose oe oppress them. You want to cherry pick through the New Testament be my guest as thats the only text that applies to Jesus and Christains. Bring it on. Ill give you a hand the best your going to come up with is Revelations.

Why God changed his mind so arbitrarily on this is one of the many bizarre contradictions I can't reconcile with this faith. It's as if he had a son, popped a valium, and then decided mass floods and plagues were poor evangelistic tools and decided to go with altruism.
    Proletariat I take it you arent a christain. Jesus came to absolve mankind of original sin. He was the messiah . It seems god decided to forgive man and sent his son to show man the word and the way to heaven. He was no longer a god of vengance. It was all fortold in the old testament and thats why thats included in the bible.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Only too Christains. Muslims are taught he is merely a prohpet and both are the founders of their religions and these religions are based on what they did and said. The comparison is totally valid.
    If and only if based on historical arguments. I do not take theological claims of superiority.

You dont need the Qu'ran. Just look at how the religion was startded and the actions of those who started it. One is a religion based on peace the other on war. One by a pacifist the other by a general and murderer. One who would rather die than hurt another the other to kill those who oppose oe oppress them. You want to cherry pick through the New Testament be my guest as thats the only text that applies to Jesus and Christains. Bring it on. Ill give you a hand the best your going to come up with is Revelations.
    I thought I have stated that the climate in which Christianity and Islam were born are extremely different. Christianity was born into an age of one state: Rome, rules above all. The Bible, written by later followers, were filled with hateful indirect attacks on Rome, but shows no real teachings to fight against them simply with one reason: they can't. Instead, Jesus taught about tolerance and, rather, hope for a better afterlife reflects the hopelessness of the search for self-sovereignty by Jewish society in that situation. Islam, on the other hand, was born into a political vacuum and into a tribal, nomadic society in a fragmented and dangerous lands. This presents both opportunity and danger, in which to grab it the religion needs to be aggressive and uniting.

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Actually one was founded by a carpenter come prophet, the other a merchant come prophet, and Mohammed's military skills are highly debatable. Propaganda existed back then, and no one is going to follow someone who when the fight, can't even achieve a glorious victory and keep in mind the times, the Eastern Roman Empire and the Persians had been in an almost continuos war for a long time. Your religion of peace was far from it, regardless of the intentions of its founders, any group, given the resources to become powerful, will use them. The Roman Empire didn't become peace loving pacifists under and after Constantine. The lesson here is powerful people will use anything to their own advantage and the bible and its equivalents are the literary version of statistics, they can be used to prove anything, and support almost any position.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Yet some talk of the ten commandments as they appear in Exodus, not as they are in the New Testament. Many, many, others quote the Old Testament when it is to their advantage and it fits their cause.

So peace-loving...

"Joshua then pronounced this oath, saying, 'Cursed before the LORD be anyone who tries to build this city — this Jericho! At the cost of his firstborn he shall lay its foundation, and at the cost of his youngest he shall set up its gates!' So, the LORD was with Joshua; and his fame was in all the land." (Joshua 6:26-27)

"Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Stretch out the sword that is in your hand toward Ai; for I will give it into your hand." And Joshua stretched out the sword that was in his hand toward the city. As soon as he stretched out his hand, the troops in ambush rose quickly out of their place and rushed forward. They entered the city, took it, and at once set the city on fire. So when the men of Ai looked back, the smoke of the city was rising to the sky. They had no power to flee this way or that, for the people who fled to the wilderness turned back against the pursuers. When Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city and that the smoke of the city was rising, then they turned back and struck down the men of Ai. And the others came out from the city against them; so they were surrounded by Israelites, some on one side, and some on the other; and Israel struck them down until no one was left who survived or escaped." (Joshua 8:18-23)

"The total of those who fell that day, both men and women, was twelve thousand — all the people of Ai." (Joshua 8:25)

Yatta, yatta, yatta. I could quote Joshua ad infitum.

If and only if based on historical arguments. I do not take theological claims of superiority.
    No based on the theological teachings of each religion.

Yet some talk of the ten commandments as they appear in Exodus, not as they are in the New Testament. Many, many, others quote the Old Testament when it is to their advantage and it fits their cause.
    You see you have to go back before Christianity.

Propaganda existed back then, and no one is going to follow someone who when the fight, can't even achieve a glorious victory and keep in mind the times
    Really. Were things that different back then? I guess thats why Kerry and the Democrats lost.

Christianity was born into an age of one state: Rome, rules above all.
    No It didnt. I guess Attila was a myth. Rome never ruled the known world or even came close.

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

No based on the theological teachings of each religion.
    In which you, like me, already possess a bias thanks to our reliance on one religion's morality. That will bring no real picture, in my opinion, unless, of course, basic humans like us could throw away the entirety of our (one religion-based) morality for a while to see a neutral picture.

No It didnt. I guess Attila was a myth. Rome never ruled the known world or even came close.
    Attila the Hun was 400 years away from that age; the difference of a Rome in decay for a throng of reasons and Rome at its proudest moment , Augustus' reign, was immense. I'm sure you know Augustus was one of the greatest leaders of any empire ever. He literally created an entire empire, though practically inherited a framework of hundreds of capable men and institutions especially his late uncle Gaius Julius Caesar. Then, he turned this "inheritance" into an empire covering much of the world known to the Romans, and the Jews. The Jewish community did not see anyone who could possibly defeat Roman occupation of the known world at the time. So the cause for "freedom" was hopeless, and returns to my argument.

The Parthians did not count, for Rome was on the expanding side on all borders (although also stabilized in Augustus' time), and the Jews could care less who were the Parthians, at the time.

Edit: Indeed, what difference could it be from the eye of a Jew, in which all he could see ever was Romans ruling here and there. He did not see the northern German forest, nor did he see the splendid Parthian capital on that popular site of capitals on the banks of the Tigris. He did not have the knowledge of the true situation and size of the world as we now know. From this perspective, I'm certain I'm right that Rome was all-powerful from his eyes.
    Last edited by AntiochusIII; 04-30-2005 at 02:05.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Well I agree that Rome was hardly all powerful... but they did certiantly control Jersusalem.
    And Gawain, Revalations is really messed up, that's for sure... I know it wasn't Jesus's thing, but having a huge war where most people end up burning in hell isn't very peaceful...
    In addition, a lot of things were left out. I'm willing to bet some post Jesus scriptures had violence in them. Likely not involving Jesus, but a lot of stuff was censored out. Not sure about the Koran's creation, so I can't say if that was the case there, or not.

Um, about the Parthians, I'm pretty sure some Jews served them... and the Romans didn't "defeat" the Sarmatians yet. But yeah, they were at their peak.
    Last edited by Steppe Merc; 04-30-2005 at 02:03.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

know it wasn't Jesus's thing, but having a huge war where most people end up burning in hell isn't very peaceful...
    That war is still to come. Revelations is an apocalyptic text.

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Really. Were things that different back then? I guess thats why Kerry and the Democrats lost.
    I should have said that passage was meant in a sarcastic manner...

Oh wait, your's is too isn't it...
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    Timothy McVeigh just spontaneously got up and blew up a building without any religious influence?

The Catholic IRA are a terrorist organisation which seems to escape excommunication.

The KKK do hate crimes and call themselves Christians while prancing around burning crosses wearing pillow cases on their heads.
    Are you seriously equating Timothy McViegh's or the KKK's influence with Al Qaeda? In the US McVeigh is regarded as a despicable lunatic and the KKK is laughed at even by 'rednecks.' A politician having links with either would be butchered unmercilessly in an election.

Now tell me in what regard you think bin Laden is held in Iran or Syria or Pakistan.

Oh, but I guess all religious cultures are like that. I must just be looking at it through my American rose colored glasses.
    Last edited by Proletariat; 04-30-2005 at 06:47.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

That was done against the Jews not by the Jews. Mixing up the perps for the victims should be left to the Judicial System...
    It was the Egyptian first-born that suffered the wrath of the Jewish God. The Bible did not cite a story where Ra killed the Hebrew first-born.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Are you seriously equating Timothy McViegh's or the KKK's influence with Al Qaeda? In the US McVeigh is regarded as a despicable lunatic and the KKK is laughed at even by 'rednecks.' A politician having links with either would be butchered unmercilessly in an election.

Now tell me in what regard you think bin Laden is held in Iran or Syria or Pakistan.

Oh, but I guess all religious cultures are like that. I must just be looking at it through my American rose colored glasses.
    It seems to me that Osama had a rich dad, Timothy not, hence the difference in PR abilities.....

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

That was done against the Jews not by the Jews. Mixing up the perps for the victims should be left to the Judicial System...
    It's got nothing to do with 1940-45.

Read Deuteronomy 7:1-5 or 20:15-18. Then come back and say 'oops'. Mind you, this isn't some Jewish prophet speaking, it's the Jewish God himself: 'And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them.' Disgusting little character, this Jaweh. And there's more if you can read, want to read, want to understand.

But nah, let's just be nasty about Mohamed, let's abuse Rodinson's superb biography of the man to heap manure onto all Arabs. And if anybody complains, we'll start whining: 'Oh, but your Yurpeans are doing the thame thing againth uth poor innothent Americans all the time!...

Blegh. Grow up.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Well theres a good chance he was recruited by Radical Islam.

[IMG]#

Congressman sees Mideast tie to bombing
    Wants FBI to answer questions or face Capitol Hill hearings
    April 20, 2005 © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

On the 10th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, a Republican congressman planned to ask in a House floor presentation last night why the FBI ignored strong evidence of a Middle East connection to the attack that killed 171 Americans.

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher of California, chairman of the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, says if the FBI does not provide satisfactory answers to his questions, he will call for congressional hearings.

The congressman's request is based on the decade-long investigation by reporter Jayna Davis, presented in The Third Terrorist: The Middle Eastern Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing, published by WND Books.

In the carefully documented book, Davis asserts Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were not the lone conspirators but were part of a greater scheme involving Islamic terrorists and at least one provable link to Iraq.

Full Story in World Net Daily
    #

Was Iraq Behind the Oklahoma City Bombing?

FOX NEWS April 19, 2005 By John Gibson

On Tuesday's show you heard FOX News' Rita Cosby talking about the quite shocking claims made by a group of victims' families that Iraq was at the bottom of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing in Oklahoma City.

Read Deuteronomy 7:1-5 or 20:15-18. Then come back and say 'oops'. Mind you, this isn't some Jewish prophet speaking, it's the Jewish God himself: 'And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them.' Disgusting little character, this Jaweh. And there's more if you can read, want to read, want to understand.
    Theres tons of this stuff in the old testament. The God of the Jews was a vengeful one. No ones denying that. But those things told Jews about history not to go out and keep killing people in the name of god if they dont convert. Islam calls for holy wars and taxes on the unbeliever and taxes on them to this day. Also you cant find anything concerning christains on this matter.

This has come up before: A reporter named Jayna Davis has a book out about it.

The whole thing stinks of Iraq. Ramzi Yousef, an Iraqi agent that was involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, and his associates were allegedly talking to Terry Nichols in 1994 about how to build a fertilizer bomb.

So now the question: So if there is all this evidence, why has the U.S. government ignored it?

Full Story [/IMG]

Well theres a good chance he was recruited by Radical Islam.
    What have you been smoking lately Gawain ?

What have you been smoking lately Gawain ?
    Come on this has been known since the whole thing started.

I think the 3 main Reasons in order for the Middel Eastern Terrorism is as follows

1) Poverty
    2) Oppression
    3) Religeon

Islam was a reasonable peaceful religeon before the crusades but afterwards it became very aggressive and hasnt really moved on very far since but while it plays a role it doesnt on its self make terrorists = proven by the fact not all Muslims ARE terrorists.

the MAIN problem is the majority of the Arab nations have been oppressed for the last 2 centruies either by their own or European rulers which has lead to a HUGE margin between the poor and the Wealthy in these countries. The poor have no power, no money, no prospects. This makes them angry at the world in general - so why Angry at the West? because most of their problems are routed here - we took what we wanted from them and then cut them loose when it became too much trouble to hold onto them and then we flaunt what wealth we have everyday through the Media - its like teasing a starving dog with a Steak - eventually its going to bite you
    Last edited by Sir Moody; 04-30-2005 at 16:51.

Islam was a reasonable peaceful religeon before the crusades
    Damn I wish we had a sarcastic laugh icon.

What do you call reasonabily peacefull?

It was started by war and spread by the sword. The only reason there even were Crusades was to take back lands they had conquered.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

What do you call reasonabily peacefull?
    You know, reasonably peaceful. Like the reasonable peaceful Christian God that is refered to on those hundreds of billions of dollar bills that all say "In God we trust" that buy the weapons that furnish the most powerful national killing machine in history that is run by a reasonably peaceful Christian nation - the United States.

That kind of reasonably peaceful.

After all, a fleet of B2s loaded with Christian nukes is far, far more peaceful that an RPG loaded with Muslim explosives.

Isn't it?
    Unto each good man a good dog

You know, reasonably peaceful. Like the reasonable peaceful Christian God that is refered to on those hundreds of billions of dollar bills that all say "In God we trust" that buy the weapons that furnish the most powerful national killing machine in history that is run by a reasonably peaceful Christian nation - the United States.
    Oh its nice to see you acknowledge that god is on our side Yes God told Bush to do these things and we the christain nation that we are, do what ever god and Bush says. I forgot we are a theocracy

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

I forgot we are a theocracy
    You and the rest of the neocons, and neocon supporters sure wish you were a theocracy.

You and the rest of the neocons
    One thing im not and thats a neocon. I suffest you look this all to bandied about phrase up and see whom it applies too.

When i said Reasonable Peaceful i ment that Religous wars were quite rare (when compared to say Europe at the same time) and intolerance to other religeons was low - the wars still happened of course but Religeon usually didnt play apart - they were the land and resources type...

Power-mad, bitter leadership.

When i said Reasonable Peaceful i ment that Religous wars were quite rare (when compared to say Europe at the same time) and intolerance to other religeons was low - the wars still happened of course but Religeon usually didnt play apart - they were the land and resources type...
    They were all wars to spread Islam .To say that the Europeans fought religous wars against eachother at this time is disengenous. At this time there was no reformation and all these countries were cathloic. I submit all wars are the land and resources type...

Oh its nice to see you acknowledge that god is on our side Yes God told Bush to do these things and we the christain nation that we are, do what ever god and Bush says. I forgot we are a theocracy
    Question Number One children: What famous world leader campaigned with the slogan "What would Jesus do? before invading Iraq and exercizing some heavy-duty military muscle?

"Yep, no Christianity present. Move along folks, nothing to see here."

What famous world leader campaigned with the slogan "What would Jesus do? before invading Iraq and exercizing some heavy-duty military muscle?
    Your usual disjointed attempt at making a point. Did Bush campaign on the slogan What would Jesus do as regards invading Iraq? Or was that on some other topic or are you refering to the fact that he prayed to god for guidance, heaven forbid?

Your usual disjointed attempt at making a point.
    I'm not disjointed at all, I've a got a beauty rolled up and tucked away waiting for me after dinner.

Did Bush campaign on the slogan What would Jesus do as regards invading Iraq? Or was that on some other topic or are you refering to the fact that he prayed to god for guidance, heaven forbid?
    Methinks you would have a hard time disassociating Bush and his Conservative Right following from Christianity and it's impact on their politics. Bush played the Christian card at every opportunity and used Christianity as a political tool both for change and for keeping things the same.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast