Thread: Medinet-Habu and the "Sea Peoples"

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default Medinet-Habu and the "Sea Peoples"

i need a good site for history surrounding the early 12th c. BC site and history or of the Sea Peoples

official journals would be greatly appreciated

i cant log on to my school's resources

8 page report due last thursday and im late and clueless as to what to write about
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Default Re: Medinet-Habu and the "Sea Peoples"

The Sea People would be a rather bad subject as so little has been written on it, it would become a lot of conjecture and your own ideas with little or no real basis. Of course if you have great skills in formulating yourself you could pull it off. I just advise something else, perhaps the Hittites, if you want to stay there, or the Minoans (whom some think might have become the Sea People after the eruption of Thera).
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Default Re: Medinet-Habu and the "Sea Peoples"

I don't think he gets the option to choose, but if he does, I suggest finding something about Amalek, to keep on the Egyptian theme.