Thread: "Two Worlds": New RPG

Default "Two Worlds": New RPG

Far too early to tell how it will turn out, and it looks like a bit of an Oblivion clone, but still one to keep an eye on I think: Two Worlds

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: "Two Worlds": New RPG

Hmmm this looks great at least. Sounds a bit like what they were trying to do with Fable, we will see.

Hmmm this looks great at least.
    Yup... We shall have to wait and see, though. It could turn out to be a visually gorgeous disaster...
    I was tempted by Fable but never took the plunge. Now my next rpg will probably be Oblivion. From your comment, can I take it that Fable didn't quite live up to its promise?

Quote Originally Posted by Androo
    Yup... We shall have to wait and see, though. It could turn out to be a visually gorgeous disaster...
    I was tempted by Fable but never took the plunge. Now my next rpg will probably be Oblivion. From your comment, can I take it that Fable didn't quite live up to its promise?
    Well, I really liked fable. But then I have no patience with the long games. It only took about 10 hours to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    Well, I really liked fable. But then I have no patience with the long games. It only took about 10 hours to finish.
    Was there something in particular which made it enjoyable for you? (The relative brevity wouldn't be a prob for me, it takes me ages to finish any game.)

Was there something in particular which made it enjoyable for you? (The relative brevity wouldn't be a prob for me, it takes me ages to finish any game.)
    I found the combat very enjoyable. You had to use your wits to defeat the enemies. And for once a game actually has huge monsters.

What made it enjoyable for me was that you didn't have to do any side quests that are there only to increase your stats and pad out the game length. You kept with the story all the way through, and the story was a lot of fun. You also can't save your progress once you've started a quest, which really added to the tension for me since I'm usually a compulsive quicksaver. I rarely died so that was all right.

I didn't even explore all of the cool features that were in the game regarding how other people view you.

I didn't even explore all of the cool features that were in the game regarding how other people view you.
    This is the feature I have heard the most about and which intrigues me.
    Hmmm... I tend to prefer open universe type games rather than story-driven ones, so I will probably just wait for Oblivion.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

If you can get it cheap no reason not to, it has a great sense of humour and the whole 'being the hero' thing is done very well. It is just very short, and there is no challenge to speak of. It is fun to see your character change depending on your actions, but there isn't really any direction to take like KOTOR, it's all cosmetics. May sound a bit negative, but it is a good game.

edit *cough* System Shock2 *cough ;)
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-10-2006 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    If you can get it cheap no reason not to, it has a great sense of humour...
    Ah, it has humour too...

edit *cough* System Shock2 *cough ;)
    Hmmm, System Shock 2...is that any good? -Kidding, kidding, no need for violent smilies!
    I know, I know... Just haven't been in that FPS frame of mind lately...