Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Doctor Who

Well then, we are almost halfway through the new series of Doctor Who, and what are everyone's thoughts? The most recent episode, 'Dalek' was quite good. *spoiler warning* The best parts had to be where the Dalek set off the sprinklers by blowing up the fire alarm, and then electrocuting all the guards to death, and earlier on in the episode, where the Dalek raises it's plunger thing and the scientist asks the Dalek, 'What ya gonna do, sucker me to death?' only for the Dalek to do precisely that and suck out his insides with the plunger of doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Default Re: Doctor Who

I was wondering when a thread about the Doctor would appear. Well, it has. I saw the last episode "Dalek". It was alright, i knew she would set it free.

Hehe...Dalek went 'boom'...it became suicidal and depressed.
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Maybe it was having revision stress... It should of gone to BBC Bitesize. lol

We haven't gotten to the Dalek episode yet. The next one coming is Aliens of London pt.2.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Oh, that's a pretty good one from what I saw of it. Didn't see a lot though. Anyone know who the next Dr. Who is? The guy in the current series quit a while ago.

nope, dont know.

But they cant kill the daleks. There must be more somewhere in the universe? The most asked question about The Doctor was "are the Daleks in it?"

I mean, we'll all miss the famous "exterminate" if they are killed off...

Nope there all gone. Docter who the last time lord finaly one the time war.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Anyone know who the next Dr. Who is?
    It's the guy from that BBC3 drama, Casanova. I think.

We haven't gotten to the Dalek episode yet. The next one coming is Aliens of London pt.2.
    What country are you in?

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I guess this dates me, but I have to agree with a review that said it's good but it's not Doctor Who. A doctor who loves, who points guns at daleks, who lets flabs of skin die and shouts "Fantastic!" is not the real doctor. Another problem is the 45 minute constraint - you just can't develop a plausible, reasonably paced story within it (at least not without US-quality scriptwriters).

However, it is fun - especially the Russell T Davies scripts that poke fun at the genre conventions - eg response to alien invasion: "we could always watch it on TV", cue hilarious sequence of fighting with baby for remote, trying to listen to the news over everyone else gossiping etc.

There's a new series of Doctor Who?! Where would I find it?

BBC 1, Sundays, 7pm.

Curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    What country are you in?
    Canada, the north american premiere was April 30 on CBC. The new Doctor Who show is a BBC-CBC co-production, says so right in the credits. So the CBC got first showing in the north american market.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

I like it. The money and time spent on the scripts really shows. I agree Ecclestone is very different to the classic Doctor Whos (Doctors Who?), but lets face it we all think whoever was Doctor Who when we were nine is the best one. (Yes, that makes it Tom Baker for me as for so many others, but he WAS the best, deal with it.)

There is a lot more in it for adults, the Dalek remarking, almost sadly, "You would make a good Dalek" after the Doctor has been ranting about how all Daleks must die was an excellent line. And for the first time ever I actually saw Daleks as creatures too, albeit ones that think they have to kill everyone else.

I agree that the running around with guns (well, a gun, once, and then there was the missile in another episode come to think of it) runs the risk of changing the feel of the stories quite radically. After all if the Doctor is going to solve problems with violence then he just becomes a sort of time travelling Indiana Jones. But IMHO its being kept within bounds, just. Also all these hints of time wars etc have given him a much darker back story and i suppose its more of a piece with that.

BTW its saturday at 7 on BBC 1 not sunday, I think its repeated on one of the digitial channels on sunday.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Using that logic there is no best Doctor Who for me. The series ended when I was 8 so there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    Canada, the north american premiere was April 30 on CBC. The new Doctor Who show is a BBC-CBC co-production, says so right in the credits. So the CBC got first showing in the north american market.
    In that case, when's it on CBC?

These titles are too shor Member TonkaToys's Avatar

It is pretty good, but I am not getting the sense of dread that I used to get in some of the shows in the old days... but then again I was young in those days!
    Billie is better than expected. Ecclestone should wipe the grin off his face occasionally and I wish he had a more distinctive look about him.
    ALSO... why are all the stories set on / around Earth... come on let's get off world.

@NeonGod: I missed an episode and found it on www.TVTorrents.com (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGod
    In that case, when's it on CBC?
    For me Tuesdays at 8 PM AST, 8:30 PM Newfie time, and 7 PM eastern time. Also next week, Daleks W00T.

The Dalek epsiode is good. Angry little Dalek has a temper tantrum.

This two parter is quite good, I feel quite creeped out by the little boy in the gas mask.
    More like the Dr. Who of days gone by.

it only started recently in australia on the ABC, which plays alot of bbc shows.
    thanks,
    dizzy
    {LORE}
    "It is not the well-being of individuals that makes cities great, but the well-being of the community"- Niccolò Machiavelli.

Bad Wolf!!!

In fact, if you look in the Aliens of London episode, which is supposedly set in the near future, someone scrawls 'Bad Wolf' on the Tardis. Now, watch the episode where they go back to the 80's to save Rose's Dad (the one with all the weird giant bats). When they arrive, look at the posters on a brick wall when they are hiding around the corner watching her Dad get run over. Guess what it says. Bad Wolf.

http://www.matthewman.net/archives/2...lf_hunting.php

Go here, it is in every episode and the new books.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/index.shtml

And there is an episode called "Bad Wolf".

Hmm....it be a conspiracy i say, conspiracy!!

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I'm not aware of any legal way to see the new Doctor Who in the U.S.A., so I've been forced to use other means. (Rhymes with eMule.)

I grew up on Tom Baker, so no fella in a leather coat is ever going to be my Doctor. But I think he's doing all right. I don't know about you guys, but Doctor Who was a childhood thing for me, so I don't really feel competent to judge the new one. I'm not twelve anymore. It's sort of like trying to re-read Tarzan or the John Carter of Mars books -- doesn't work if you're past a certain age.

Yeah, probably why I feel some of the shows are dreadful rather than full of dread.

Wow, this episode was pretty good... looking forward to next week's.

Yeah, It was good.

I liked the bit where Cap'n Jack pulled a small laser out of his backside.

Who do you think the bad guy is. On the trailer there was a voice that said "they survived in/though me."

I think it is the Emperor Dalek, Davoros, that Dalek that "killed" its self or maybe it is the TARDIS gone bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast