Thread: GA goals

Default GA goals

Quick question...

playing my first GA game as the Danes - do I get more goals later or something??

It's 1194, and my only goals are homelands and expansion. so in order to get points I pretty much HAVE to take territory...

Just wondering...

thanks

DE
    Last edited by Deus Ex; 05-03-2005 at 22:10.

Default Re: GA goals

Goals change as the game progresses.

the french and germans got the best goals, the alhomads have plenty of them too

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

Does anyone has all of the goals of all of the factions in one text file or on one page? That would be great to know... Can someone point me to the right direction?
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

Question Re: GA goals

heh heh - yes I was aware that during the course of the game, some GA goals change.

But my question remains...

As the Danes, do I get any other goals?? (seeing as how we cannot Crusade..)

many thanks!!

DE

yes fairly late ( i thing in the 1300s) you get kalmar union which gives like
    1 point for 750 florins in trade
    2 for 1500 florins in trade etc.

Also, the "home territories" change - sometime in High I believe. You need to take either Latvia or Lithuania - perhaps both, I can't remember right now.

ahhh, thank you so much. Something to look forward to.

DE

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex
    Qick question...

playing my first GA game as the Danes - do I get more goals later or something??

It's 1194, and my only goals are homelands and expansion. so in order to get points I pretty much HAVE to take territory...

Just wondering...

thanks

DE
    Make your own. Play like a Dane, raid and pillage the British isles.

Taking and holding the Baltic provinces and then converting them to Christianity can be a nice little personal GA goal for the Danes. Kinda like a crusade without the chapter houses, etc. The provinces are rich if you can make a trade network. Latvia and Lithuania are rebellious, so is Pomerania to a lesser extent. It often means you often have to fight your way through the HRE, the Poles, Hungary and even the Byzantines - not to mention Norvograd to the far east. If you start in early the horde will arrive and head towards Lithuania not long after you get done. Meanwhile you will have to hold off the French juggernaught to the west....

In the early period the Danes have a lot of fun and unique units - viking raider cav aren't especially powerful, but they can dismount anytime for Carls. Carls aren't quite as powerful as FMAA, but they are cheaper and the build requirements are low. Vikings are the backbone of your armies, but Landsmen are even more powerful and also easy to build. Thralls are slightly better than plain spears. And of course Huscarles. But everything except vikings goes way in High, so make sure you tech up in time. (I try to do it using just the unique Danish units, supplemented by a few archers, a few Slav javelins and Slav warriors, and the occasional merc - nice roll-play but you will miss having stronger cav and mounted missiles.)

Quote Originally Posted by BAD
    Make your own. Play like a Dane, raid and pillage the British isles.
    LOL - I do. Indeed I do. I do a lot of Raid-n-Raze. I've become fixated on the Danes, really enjoying them. In earlier campaigns I expanded into the baltic too early, same with the british isles. This time, going a bit slower (buiding up a large number of Huscarles before 1205 hits - 1202 now).

I try really hard to stay allied with most of the other countries - but when you start to get big the AI get's goofy. A couple years ago, the Arogonese decided, out of the blue, to attack me. POOF - every single one of my allies except one (about 7 or 8) decides to stay allied with them - stupid little 4 province Arogonese ~sigh~ (that's ok though, because they are having problems with rebels, and I have been cleaning up after them *evil grin*)

France and HRE have been gone for sometime now, I recently just eliminated the Italians again, (they had re-appeared). Only two of the british Isles belong to the english now (and I've already kicked them off the main land).

Although I have a very good trading network, the Byz are in damn near every ocean zone I am - and they have most of the east (I'm letting them keep it so they can deal with the horde, I'll worry about the Byz after that *grin*)

I was able to take Lithuania pretty early (I always lust after that province for it's great trade capabilities). Recently Finland rebelled and the rebels have now joined my empire.

Again, I make liberal use of Raid and Raze - however, if my only GA goals were going to be conquest and homelands, I was questioning my decision to abandon provinces (10-15 years ago, I managed to capture switzerland with all buildings intact - I think I bribed an army *grin*) I was very close to being able to produce Halbs - but decided to raze and abandon.

Recently though, I had to re-take Switzerland, and now it will take a long time to tech up again. oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the info on getting new GA goals. I was hoping it was going to get more interesting.

DE

Don't raze Switzerland, you want it as strong as possible, with gold armour and county militia building so when the Swiss come in to take over they can provide a nice battle. Nothing is more fun than facing a full stack of SAP in gold armour.

mfberg
    It is not complete until the overwieght female vocalizes.

Pinky : Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
    Brain : The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

I never used to play any GA campaigns, however I have just started one as the Polish. What puzzles me is that max amount of points I can get in high is 39 (7 for homelands and 32 for conquest). Funnily enough Almohads and Sicilians somehow already managed to get 42 and 41 respectively cos their homelands points are more valuable. Since this is my first GA campaign I just don't know - have I lost already or not? No one seems to be fighting much at all (Apparently AI follows player's attitude and I have been very peaceful from the start), so there's little chance for a major shift of power on the map. Is there a point carrying on, do I get some more GAs later and if you possibly know can you let on a bit what it may be?
    I would be much obliged if you can help me out there ladies and gents.

Thanks
    "Only fools learn from their own mistakes. The wise prefer to learn from the mistakes of others" Otto von Bismarck

I think you can also get GA points when you "have the largest annual income", "have the happiest populance", "are the most technologically advanced" or "have the largest armies". You know - those screenies that pop up now and then. I don't know if those things are only calculated on certain years - seems likely but I've never tracked them well enough to be sure.

I've never played as the Poles, but I would also keep an eye on your goals - they are likely to change over time; perhaps you will get more.

The danes are easy on GA, they have very very easy ones, they are the only faction that ive achieved maxing out the points system, just hold your homelands, make sure you conquer livonia, and trade enough to get the Kalmar union points which give you loads.

The best for GA is the holy roman empire the worst is probably the Byzantines as its basically a downward slope as soon as you start the game.

Whoever is contesting mefor GA domination I hinder as much as possible then move on to the next "threat". I won't actually take and hold there provinces just stuff like, send in the spies to to lower loyalty (especially through the spynetwork vices when you hit commanders multiple times, Assassinator -4/5 loyalty ), convert their population to my religion, burn the population with inquisitors. My favourite by far though is getting a huge army and blazing across there lands (mostly their borders) taking a province, destroying all the improvements except the castle and moving on. Leave a token garrison there. Then at the end you have some Uber troops and a truly Jedi general. How to get them back home though is the hard part. . .

Doing that to the French and Polish at the moment with the Byzantines I made a wedge between the two and destroyed everything ('cept the castles of course). I am currently on the voyage back home and I am letting them burn each other out, maybe get some civil wars going on aswell.

Gotta love this game, especially with XL mod on. . .

Quote Originally Posted by _Aetius_
    The danes are easy on GA, they have very very easy ones, they are the only faction that ive achieved maxing out the points system, just hold your homelands, make sure you conquer livonia, and trade enough to get the Kalmar union points which give you loads.
    The problem is (IMHO) even though it might be EASY to make your own goals... you can only make SO MANY points per "accounting" so if the other provinces have the opportunity to make MORE points - what do you do?

{if your max points each cycle is 32 - and other countries can make more - because they have more goals, then how do you beat them??}

My solution was to look at the other factions goals - especially those who are ahead of me in points - and try to sabotage them - take their homelands, interfere with crusades - whatever...

But I am glad to hear I get some other goals as well - I am now looking forward to trying some of the other factions. Maybe Italians next....

DE

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

E.g. if you kill off a faction their GA point go back to zero - even if they reappear later. Also as you said you can sabotage others goals. Lot of goals contradict each other (like HRE and Italy) so cannot both receive maximum point.

Anyway the bottom line is: it is a good idea to crash and burn
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország