Thread: Who should i try first? (RTR 5.4.1)

Default Who should i try first? (RTR 5.4.1)

I finally decided to try RTR and I can't decide who to play as first. So who should i try first? And please noone who is crazy hard eg Numidia

Otto - They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing...Oh there they go
    Cool Site

Default Re: Who should i try first? (RTR 5.4.1)

I'm reading about Alexander right now, so Macedonia was my first choice. I've been very impressed so far. The number of starting settlements seems to have more than doubled, and I was actually able to put a standing army together on the first turn. Though I'm sure the latter is true of all factions.

Personally, I'd vote Macedonia, Greece, Rome, or, for a more daunting task, the Seluecids.
    Ah...morality. The last bastion of a coward.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I dare you to play Armenia they are really hard
    but I would recommend the Romans to start with, just so you can experiance unified Rome.
    Or you should try Parthia , start in a interresting position , and aren't that hard but are very fun to play

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

I recommend Carthage.They have a good unit roster and a pretty diverse Empire from the get go.The main reason however is the challenge.The Romans,Greeks and Ptolemies will all gang up on you and as soon as you are under pressure the Numidians will stab you in the back..........right in the back...........sneaky Numidians.
    "Go tell the Spartans,stranger passing by that here,obedient to their laws we lie."

Thanks guys. I ended going with Rome because i have recently Macedon, Carthage and Armenian campaign before I got RTR and I haven't played rome in a long time. So far I have all of Southern Italy and the old Julii (vanllia) cities. It's awesome being able to build the units in only a large town and and generals are fun. I see why everyone plays this now.

Otto - They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing...Oh there they go
    Cool Site

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Roman is a good chose because you get to experience a lot of the difference in the mod that way and Rome really does start off in a bit of a perilous position with a large Greek army just next door....

Every time I start a new Roman campaign off it is exciting from the first round...