Thread: Rome Total War Patch 1.2 question

Default Rome Total War Patch 1.2 question

I have made some mods over my RTW Installation. now i wont to install Rome Total War 1.2 patch. could someone please tell me what the patch will actually do??? I do not want to try and find out that my game charases all the time

Default Re: Rome Total War Patch 1.2 question

Patch does overwrite a lot of files in data folder.You might have to reinstall mods

LAST NIGHT I DISCOVER THAT IN THE HARD WAY. After the official patch installation and when i found out that the files where changed (the pacth do not delete the old files but it renames them to .bak) i decided to install RTR. When i tried to start a new campaign i encountered a problem. After the function selection and by clicking on the next button the game dose not starts . That was the time where i started to make a new installation of RTW , patching it and i am still modeing my game. This time i will keep the files in a safe place in order that something bad happens again.

yeah it is a bit of nasty shock when it does happen.I have learned that way to back up RTW files