Thread: Dojo Administrators

Please move this if it s/b in a different forum.

Three things,

One, regarding "Your Password", is there anyway I can keep from having to type this in when making a new topic? I think sometimes its not necessary when "replying" to a topic. Maybe its vice versa, anyway its a PITA. Help, my brain is in password overload.

Second, a couple days ago I tried to find a thread I started some time ago in the "old" Dojo, but the search did not find it in the archives. I searched using Toranaga_Sama. Are the "old" archives not accessible? Any ideas?

Third, is it still possible to upgrade me from Ronin?

Thanks in advance.
    Damn, its about time we get MP Campaign!!!

1. check your preferences after you log in
    2. old dojo is gone, history, has nothing to do with this one
    3. just say a word and up you go- all the way to ashigaru...rofl

------------------
    the great lord jd

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Is this Toranaga, as in formerly of the Red Samurai Guild?

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Nope, I'm Toranaga_SAMA!

Believe it or not, tonight, I was promoted to Ahshigaru. I'd rather be Ronin. Ashigaru are SCUM and should stay in the fields!!!

Too bad about the old dojo archives, there was a real good thread I think I started re implementing MP Campaigns.

I'll check my profile. Thanks.

Your rank in the forums is based on how many posts you have made. The more posts, the higher your rank.

Ronin < 20 posts
    Ashigaru < 50 posts
    Samurai < 100 posts
    Samurai Hero < 200 posts
    Legendary Swordsman < 500 posts
    Tai-Sa < 1000 posts

So if you want to be escape from being Ashigaru, you need to make 50 posts.

I thought you have to have 200 posts to be a legendary samauri? Also 500 posts to have your own special rank?
    We live in a world of Disclaimers

Honor to Clan Doragon
    www.doragon.cjb.net

Rob,

I get it, I just haven't been credited for the posts I made in the old Dojo. I understand that some folks have had their "rankings" adjusted according to the post made in the old Dojo. I was wondering if the same could be done for me?

>>One, regarding "Your Password", is there anyway I can keep from having to type this in when making a new topic? I think sometimes its not necessary when "replying" to a topic. Maybe its vice versa, anyway its a PITA. Help, my brain is in password overload.

Southpaw Samurai Member Ii Naomasa's Avatar

All these people wanting to use their old posts to boost them up...is no one willing to take the way of Toyotomi Hideyoshi and rise up from the soldiers who get dirt under their toenails besides me? (I'm not being serious...those who had posted a lot in the olden days should deserve a bit of recognition, especially since it's the same dojo and it was just a board engine switch. As for myself, I had barely enough for the samurai ranking in the old days, so it wouldn't have done me much good anyway ).

Toranaga_Sama, the option to store your name and password was part of the initial registration and I don't think there's any way for us as regular posters to change that (as you say, the profile modification screen lacks that). Of course, that's assuming it's working and not overridden by your browser. I seem to have to enter my name and password the first time I post in any single session (a 'session' being while a window of my browser is open...doesn't have to be the same). As long as I'm on and doing things, from that point on it leaves the name there. Sometimes I can even close all my browsers and open them back up and it works. I allow cookies and/or any other caching from the Org, so that's probably taking precedence. Check to see if your browser isn't on some extremely strict level of protection.

I know well the feeling of writing a long post only to have it tell you didn't long in and then back up, only to lose the whole post. I have substituted such feelings for vigilance on that line before pressing any kind of acceptance.
    Naomasa Ii
    Vices & Virtues:
    Verbal Diarrhea: This general can't ever say or write anything in less than three paragraphs. Can't even yell 'Charge' without a soliloquy. -3 to command.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Go to the Preferences link, which is in very tiny script along the upper right of the screen when you go to the Forums page. There is a box you can check that will send a cookie to your puter and then from now everytime to access the .Org from your computer, it will automatically enter your p/w when you want to write something.

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 01-24-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member The Daimyo's Avatar

OMG Soly, you goofed on doing a bold and italicized word, all in the same post. I'll never get over this...

------------------
    The Daimyo
    Miaowara "Kakizaki" Tomokato
    @ http://www.planettotalwar.com

...and I'll never get over feeling sorry for you for living in that dust-pit called Albequ

(BTW, the Frontier restaurant across from UNM has the best damn green-chili burritos in the world)

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 01-24-2001).]

Soly, Frontier has the WORST friggin food in Albuquerque in my book. That place is a dive. On a lighter note, there's a few other places I'll recommend for you (that shouldn't give you botchulism), just in case you ever get down this way again:

Garduno's Mexican Restaraunts - (consistently good) which is also in Las Vegas, NV.
    India Kitchen (best indian I've ever had anywhere)
    Japanese Kitchen and Ninja Sushi Bar
    and for greek/mediterranean go to Yanni's, which is a few blocks east of Frontier Restabarf.

BTW...At least I can smoke a ciggarette AND walk down the street in my city without having to worry about getting arrested.
    HA!
    How you liking that weather?

hehe

Oh, and to keep on topic somewhat, Rob, you guys should add some new ranks, especially between Legendary Swordsman and Tai-Sai. Just what names for them, I dunno, but I could look some up here for ya!

------------------
    The Daimyo

[This message has been edited by The Daimyo (edited 01-25-2001).]

I'm afraid I'm up a creek here...yeah the fascist smoking and breathing laws here in Boulder make Singapore look like impulse-behavior heaven. As for the Frontier, I've never eaten anything other than the green chili burritos (in a word, cheeeeeap) but I actually like Albequ the way a mother loves her retarded child so I go there often.
    Cheers.

BTW, the on topic part of this thread is: Now that we have new images from the community site, new faces and .Org rankings can begin!

Yes, but how would I go about getting my cool lil Samurai Cat pic up here?

Yes, this city is a bit retarded, and I won't claim otherwise. I've lived in better places, but hey, what other city can you live in that gets featured on COPS so much?

------------------
    The Daimyo