Thread: cheating cpu

Default cheating cpu

how come they can reinforce units in provences when i attack yet I can't when they attack me

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Default Re: cheating cpu

You can if you have more than a full stack of units in that province when the battle takes place.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

i think he means when you move a stack in to attack they move stacks in to defend before the end of turn

human player moves first,
    ai always gets a chance to respond

B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

Unhappy Re: cheating cpu

I think it is a simulatenous movement. You should consider all of the troops available for the AI to reinforce that particular province. (That is: whatever troops can get there in one move) The AI does the same that is why it seems that it reinforces... However it only evaluated that the human player has more troops in range so moved additional forces to the province.

You will get hang of it and learn how to use it to your advantage...

[Hint: AI will not let its king besieged as long as it has a choice. This way you can get a territory without fight as long as you attack with superior forces (so the AI declines the defense) and the king is in the province at the time of the attack. However because of the parallel movement it is quite possible that the king moves out of the province and you have to siege after the AI decided it "cannot win the battle"]

Quote Originally Posted by barocca
    i think he means when you move a stack in to attack they move stacks in to defend before the end of turn

human player moves first,
    ai always gets a chance to respond

B.
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

One thing that sometimes helps is if you send diversionary forces to his neighboring territories. If you send a unit of peasants or spearmen, for example, into the territory next door with a lot of troops, often he'll keep them all there to defend instead of reinforcing your prime target. Then you just call off the little attack and focus on the real one. Your diversion unit can develop some bad command vices, but you're not using it for command anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

This doesn't always work, but it does fairly often. Hope it helps.

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey