Thread: Australian sheikh appeals for hostage release

Default Australian sheikh appeals for hostage release

Want an example showing that Muslims don't support the hostage takings?

ABC

An Australian Muslim leader has made a direct plea to the group holding Douglas Wood hostage in Iraq, asking it to release him unharmed.
    President of the Lebanese Muslim Association Keysar Trad says the Mufti is planning to fly to Iraq in the hope of personally asking Mr Wood's captors to release him.
    Discuss.

Default Re: Australian sheikh appeals for hostage release

Anything horrible done in the name of islam, kidnapping, murder or terrorism, is very hard to bear for the believers. Most muslims have large problems with their own faith due to the modern islamofacism used for short term political gains.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

The muslim religion is really against the killing of innocents unlike any other. I beleave the line in the Kor'an is something like "kill an innocent person and it's like your killing all of humanity".

These muslims are of course not the one's that are so often discussed in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    These muslims are of course not the one's that are so often discussed in this forum.
    But they are still muslims. Bowing towards Mekka with their butt high.....

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Muslims are muslims and terrorists are terrorists. Although anyone can become a terrorist.

I'm looking through old threads for something in particular, but I thought I would bump this as the hostage has been found/rescued/released (there is a lot of confusion about what exactly happened). Nobody is certain what part the sheikh finally played, but earlier on he offered to swap with the hostage.

Just some thoughts given the broad sweeping statements we've seen about muslims recently..

I heard newly trained Iraqi forces acting with US supervision rescued those Ausis. Good for them all.

Yes, that was one of the versions I have heard. I'm really not sure how it happened, but I'm glad it has.

How much coverage is this getting in the US?

Well, this is the first I've heard of it...so something tells me the US didn't have much of a hand in it..

How much coverage is this getting in the US?
    Its on the major websites and in the middle of the newspaper. No headlines on TV or anything though, that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Its on the major websites and in the middle of the newspaper. No headlines on TV or anything though, that I have seen.
    Ok, I was watching the late night ews program and someone from the US predicted that it would be everywhere... Was just wondering if it happened. His reaction seemed a little unbeleivable to me, and I guess I was right .

Its a sad state of affairs when Jacko is considered more important than such a serious situation in Iraq.. but that is modern America for ya - FoxNews and all.

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Its all the news. Everyday at 5 I hear oh by the way some more guys were killed in Iraq. Then they interview the mother and she says, "Oh they died fighting for what they believed in." Thats all every day, day in and day out, another day another attack. Nothing ever in america is said of what is accomplished, or what the life is like over there and how it might be improved or not. After watching the news you come away with a mental picture that our troops just stand on street corners and suicide bombers just run up and blow themselves up. It seems that were not doing anything, when that if far from the truth.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Friends said today Mr Wood had asked for asked for a Victoria Bitter beer and an update on the progress of Geelong in the AFL championship.
    Apparently some of his first words
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.