Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTW Heavengames Mod Interview.

Default RTW Heavengames Mod Interview.

I was wondering if Uesugi Kenshin would like to do an interview thing for Rome TW Heavengames to get more publicity for the Mod and help more people understand the Mod more. EB did one. If Uesugi doesn't want to do one, then maybe I could do one. What do you say?
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 05-09-2005 at 01:50.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Default Re: RTW Heavengames Mod Interview.

Well, I just realized Uesugi wan't a part of RTW Heavengames, so I think I'll give Adder an e-mail aobut an interview and I'll probably do it. Could people please state the final, fixed offical, faction list, and make it a law of the Medes and Persians that we will NOT change it? The last thing we want is to say these are the factions and then change them again.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

I will take a look at the faction list, post it and if nobody has a major problem it will be final.

I could become a member if you did not want to do it. I think the idea is great, if you do not want to do it Ignoramus I would also be happy to.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Thanks Uesugi, if I can't do it I'll let you know. Also, Everyone should bring up points we should have for the interview.

You should definetely mention that we are going for a much more realistic approach to units and everything else that we can change. So our units are more grounded in history, we wil use period music etc. No dumbed down history for the masses, the more people we confuse at first the better! We shall also try to make economy more challenging, with the player always struggling with finances, often having to disband the army when not fighting wars.

When you do the interview be sure to post the link!

Ok. Just type the link here, as I don't want to make a mistake.

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

This link? The link to these forums?
    It's already listed on their website, but I suppose having it in an interview could help...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Also, it's not Adder who is doing the interviews, it's Ace Cataphract. Contact him at

anthony.espinal@verizon.net
    Last edited by Saranalos; 05-10-2005 at 03:13.
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

We should bring up that we; will have an expanded map, will use the expansion and most likely any subsequent patches, the faction list (soon to be reposted/finalized), that we will have a demo out on four battles between Knights of St. John and Ottoman Turks, will include the trade system (temples=buildings specializing in a trade) to have the bonuses be more realistic than "I believe in Mars, thus I can fight better than that guy who believes in pansy a** Mercury!".
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

I have contacted Ace, we're second on the list, I'm just organizing a date for the interview now.

Allright. If you get the Black Death or get convicted for running down a small child on the freeway I am ready to be your backup.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Thanks.

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Who says only one person can provide answers? After all, we all have different skills and know more about certian aspects of the project then others.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Well, we can't exactly have an interview with the whole team.

Depends on the format of the interview, if it's live, ie. in a chatroom or something, or over MSN (I don't think they will be phoning up) there is no reason why more then one person can take part, and if its in the form of an email with a list of questions I can't see why you can't forward it on to other team members asking for suggestions for answers to be posted back to you in 24 hours....

I'm not saying everyone needs to take part, but its a great way to make sure all the information is correct and useful! You know alot about the historical battles that will be included in the demo, I know alot about how we are working within the confines of RTW re. model limits and gunpowder.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

In my opinion, he should get the questions and have each member of the team answer them. For example, the person who does graphics/models/etc to answer the questions about such topic. I think we would be able to provide the most information that way to the people. just my opinion.

Ya know I need to think outside of my box some more. I agree, we should all get the questions and take a look at them. Ignoramus any idea what the format will be or if they will be ok with this?
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Well, it'll be a bit difficult as it'll be over Msn. With different time zones, it'll be impossible to get the key members of the team on at the same time.

I'm on all the time and confrencing is easy on MSN...
    Now editing -

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

I'm on nearly all the time, I probably would be able to make it.(I have no life)

same here. Just let me know when you are on and when it can take place.

Probably on sometime on Saturday this week (East Austalian Standard Time)

I think it is the Saturday, so be online. East Australian Time is 15 hours ahead of Eastern US I think, so remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    I think it is the Saturday, so be online. East Australian Time is 15 hours ahead of Eastern US I think, so remember that.
    GMT +10

Not that it matters to me, I live in AEST, and its saturday already.

And I don't know your MSN contact....
    Last edited by GodsPetMonkey; 05-14-2005 at 00:29.
    Now editing -

it's daviddotnich@optusnet.com.au . Celtic Winter is on already.

Is it done? How did it go? Do you have a transcript?
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

No, it's been postponed to next Saturday.

Ok, well good luck with it, if you want I can get an msn account and try to get on when you are going to be doing the internet, though with the timezones it may be an odd time for me.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Thanks guys, Our little community could do with a big interview.

(I'm an RTWH dweller)

Wow, an interview with out mod team has been called big. Dammit. Now we have real expectations toi live up to. Better break the lead out this is gonna get rough.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

*Starts digging trench*

Nice how we're a big mod all of a sudden...

I remember when people used to think we would never succeed in making it this far, ranked amoung the fly by night mods...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast