Thread: CAs Excel files

Default CAs Excel files

Hi all,

In the past CA has provided the community with some Excel files that generated or better calculated the attributes of the buildings and units. These were very helpful in producing and tools that would flawlessly create the game files (I modified them and used them extensively for HTW).

Most of the files in RTW have a disclaimer that defines the file as a excel generated file and it should not be altered by hand.

Has CA given any of the RTW excel files that are used to generate the unit and building description files?

Will they ever be available?

thanks

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: CAs Excel files

They haven't released any yet, but who knows what the future will bring

I think I can make the calculation part of the file but then someone with VB or general programming skills will be needed to take the calculations and output a working units file. This is most needed since it is the only way to have a consistent model with out units becoming supermen and others too week to offer any resistance.

If anyone can help please contact me to see how to formulate a tool like that.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

What do you mean komninos, if your talking about unit editors, check out caligula, its already been done long long ago. Check out the guides forum.

I have not checked the Cligula editor but what I know most of these use hand incerted values not generated values from attributes.