Thread: I want to join a clan or start one that uses voice communications

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I want to join a clan or start one that uses voice communications

I just started playing a couple weeks ago and I can't get enough of this game. Ive played enough to figure out what concepts work and what doesnt, but there are still alot of flaws in my game. I love huge 3v3 and 4v4 games and I cant help but wonder how much better they would be with experienced teammates using voice communications. I have alot of free cell minutes and I can call anywhere in the country on weekends and after 9 weekdays, that would be easy enough but I know there are apps like Roger Wilco and other things that will do this.

Most likely I will be playing tonite and tomorrow nite and the next few nights then maybe all weekend again. If I can join your clan and we can use voice comms, email me at salamon90210@yahoo.com I am Salami on Gamespy. Say hi to me.

Default Re: I want to join a clan or start one that uses voice communications

most clans use either ventrilo or team speak.

dont bother with cell calls.

plus internet comms are instant

loads of people on

allow you to speak with people overseas. uk->us ect
    Last edited by Lord Preston; 05-10-2005 at 13:22.

Theres the Old school free version of rojer wilco on my web site,
    Was the firm faveoret for years under mplayer,
    then game spy try to sell it to you,

Never fear though Its the free mplayer version on my web page,
    :) never throw anything away lol.
    You dont know when you may need it.

Its well simple to use and you Join a chat with ip adress.
    so 1 person starts rojer wilco then says Host
    And tells every 1 els his ip adress
    then every 1 els starts rojer wilco and joins that ip adress
    from there you cann all talk at 1ce or
    You can make seperate rooms so 2v 2 can use the same server
    but be in difrent rooms,
    You can also password protect those rooms,

It was used for Many years As THE standard Voice program for games,
    But like i said,
    Gamspy try to sell their version of it,
    Where as back in the day when Mplayer owned game spys's server,
    the download was a full free version.

Try it :)
    Last edited by Shambles; 05-10-2005 at 14:54.

We talk through the "tt" thing you can do in a battle. My clan likes to sort out tactics as we deploy so maybe you'd be interested? Visit the link in my name, if you are interested, it is the clan website.

Greetings, Salami90210:

I play RTW multiplayer often and myself and my clan have been doing so since October, 2004. I do not play under this name, however, as I find that I can more easily engage in discussion about the game in general as opposed to airing disagreements that may arise concerning a recent game I may have played with someone, if you understand my meaning.

Our clan uses Teamspeak and has it's own Teamspeak server. The Teamspeak software is offered for free by the software developer, os it is always able t be kept up-to-date. We have several "channels" on our Teamspeak server devoted to RTW. This enables members to verbally communicate during the battle with only their teammates for that game, even though we are all in the same clan and all on the same server. Other games we support have their own channels, so there is no overcrowding and no confusion amongst people playing different games. We have our own CSS server as well, if you also play that game.

If you are interested in joining our clan, PM me on this board. I will give you the website. You can browse the public threads and access our on-line application form there as well. I hope to hear from you soon. Other serious RTW players who are interested in joining a serious, game-oriented clan should also feel free to PM me on this board.

Olorin I

Some nice helpful replies. I have used Game Voice, Ventrillo and TeamSpeak. Ventrillo caused problems for me but the other guys used it ok. Best quality was TeamSpeak and Gamevoice until Gamevoice was upgraded, which is a bit of a contradiction.
    Good luck in your quest

.......Orda