Thread: Crusading Order lands

Default Crusading Order lands

Hello, i'm modding MTW and i think you could give me an hand...
    What were the lands where the crusading orders actually had their bases?
    I know it's Livonia for the Teutonics, but what about the others?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Default Re: Crusading Order lands

Teutonic Order had it's base first in Starkenberg castle near Tripoli or Acre, until it fell to Baybars.
    Then they had their HQ in Venice until 1309 I think, when it was transferred to Marienburg in Prussia (or modern day Poland)
    ---
    Knights Templar had their base in Jerusalem and after it fell, I believe Acre, but not so sure.

Hospitallers relocated to Rhodes, and later to Malta. Dunno if Beaufort or Krak des Chevaliers were their HQ before they fell.

Spanish Orders were in Castile.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Where can I find on the net in detail info of the Teutonic Knights??? It's my favourite order and my favourite unit in the game.....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Ok, thank for the info.
    Since i'm changing the way crusades works in my mod i need a bit more detailed info...
    You can find more explanations in the "Zx minimod beta" thread but here's a short explanation:

Historically crusading orders were much less tied to a particular nation than in the game, but rather they were called by one or another king in time of need (the polish are a good example when they called the teutonics).
    I'm trying to emulate it in a more realistic way in the game by setting all orders available to all catholic factions but each of them with its own "sphere of influence" which would be the lands "owned" by an order (the ones where they historically had their bases).
    This way, in order to acquire a certain knightly order services you will have to build a chapter house in one of their lands, representing "the calling" of those knights...

The problem is that in order to do this i need to assign their historical bases to each order in MTW terms while preserving gameplay...
    What i did so far is:

Teutonics: Prussia - Livonia(?)
    Hospitallers: Malta - Rhodes
    Santiago: Castille - Leon
    Templars: Tolouse - Palestine

Any ideas on how to expand this list in an historically acceptable way?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!