Thread: Civil Wars in MTW (VI expansion)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Civil Wars in MTW (VI expansion)

I have been playing MTW campaigns for a while now. I just got the VI expansion. Now every single one of my campaigns has ended in Civil war?

What changed?
    I disband upon creation any units with a loyality of less than 3 and still I get Civil Wars!

Notice that these are not you king died without an heir... They usually follow an excommuncation but normally don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Civil Wars in MTW (VI expansion)

No clue, but civil wars are very easy to avoid. Firstly, don't disband you units. Just make sure that the leader of the stack has 5 or more loyalty. Then, keep every province's loyalty high, reducing taxes if you must. You shouldn't get any civil wars after that.
    "Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou lovest. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of Melkor, master of the fates of Arda. Therefore with my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shall thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end". -Tolkien

Why not disband the Units?

Quote Originally Posted by Joven
    Why not disband the Units?
    It is expensive and time consuming. You just wasted a turn. An individual unit's loyalty is unimportant. Only the stack leader's loyalty is considered by the game. If the stack leader is low, you can do what I do and remove him from the stack so that he is in a stack of one unit. He won't rebel when he is outnumbered by a huge loyal stack. That way you don't lose fighting strength over loyalty concerns. Or, if the stack leader has titles, use a diplomat to strip him of his rank and give the title to a loyal general. That way you can even keep the ex-general in the same stack, provided he has less command stars than the new one.
    Last edited by DisruptorX; 05-11-2005 at 18:37.
    "Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou lovest. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of Melkor, master of the fates of Arda. Therefore with my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shall thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end". -Tolkien

The absolutely most important factor is the closeness to your leader. The civil wars most often begins because your king got isolated, most often through sea routes getting blocked. Taking care of your sea routes, keeping the king in a central position and keeping modest garrisons is IMHO much, much more important to stave off civil wars than checking loyalty, a trait I seldom even bother to keep track of. And it was at least 10 campaigns since I had a civil war. ;)
    Gôtt mos, Lennart.

I have had a case where my spies reported a rebellion starting with the leader of the rebellion just being in garrison, not the leader of the garrison either.

I tried again last night and even though I declared war on the pope no civil war this time.

Silly Pope!

Funny though, the Byzantines have been a loyal ally all through the game, until I attacked Rome. Now they have attacked nearly every one of my front line proviences. I predict we will see lots of Byzantine dead