Thread: Axis and allies

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Default Axis and allies

I have the original and it plays just like the board game but with a very dumb A.I. Now they released a new version of it

So I was just wondering what anyone else here has to say about the most current one. It was being sold a few months ago for 49.95 and now it's down to 29.95

I'm kind of hesitant considering how the first one had poor gameplay
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Default Re: Axis and allies

Quote Originally Posted by oaty
    I have the original and it plays just like the board game but with a very dumb A.I. Now they released a new version of it

So I was just wondering what anyone else here has to say about the most current one. It was being sold a few months ago for 49.95 and now it's down to 29.95

I'm kind of hesitant considering how the first one had poor gameplay
    Don't bother. It's crap.

I bought it because I was a huge fan of the board game, but was very disappointed.

The interface was quite poor, load times were very long (especially considering that there are really no killer graphics/animations involved and the macine I am playing on is by no means low powered), and it really didn't have the "feel" of WWII strategy that I always got playing the board game.

I laughed, I cried, I kissed fifty bucks goodbye...

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

I agree. I played the new one at a friends house and its no good. Get the board game and get some friends over instead.

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

That bad, the price kind of threw me off. It made me think quite an effort went into it, the big difference is startegy games suffer from a low quota of sales so they tried to compensate in the price of the game I guess as to squeeze every penny out of it.

Anyways hows the multiplayer side of it, is there at least some gameplay there. Or is it filled with hacking losers. And is it stable when online.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war